Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Notes Unable to Import Saved Memos from Samsung Cloud

(Topic created on: 20-06-2022 07:50 PM)
pickup1234
Apprentice
Options

Hi

Recently, my S20 broke and I ordered a replacement phone. I made sure all apps and saved data was backed up on Samsung Cloud. 

On my Samsung Cloud account I have a data file for 96 Memos.

On the new phone, there is the ‘Samsung Notes’ app instead of ‘Memos’, although both apps seem to do the same thing.

In order to import my Memos from Samsung Cloud, I tapped on the top 3 lines > tapped on settings > import data > memos from Samsung Account. However, I am only able to recover 40 out of the 96 saved memos on my Samsung Cloud.

The memos I am able to recover are from January 2015 to July 2018.  It seems that the 56 memos after this date are  in a different format which can’t be read or imported by Samsung Notes.

There is important and irreplaceable work and financial information I am unable to retrieve from these 56 recent memos notes and there is no way to import these memos into Samsung Notes. It seems like this is something the developers have overlooked which can probably be fixed very easily with an update to the Samsung Notes app.

Can Samsung help to update the Samsung Notes app so that it can import these memos?

Alternatively, is there any other way to download and read the memo data file to access the remaining 56 memos which are saved on my Samsung Cloud?

Thanks

Chris

7 REPLIES 7
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Since Notes was discontinued quite some time ago, I don't think it's going to happen. It's odd that the newer app is not backwards compatible.

Anyway, AFAIK you can download all of your data from Samsung Cloud using a PC. Next please see the post here from my old friend Rukbat https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/959969-how-read-memos-my-old-phone-new-phone-computer...

I hope this helps.
0 Likes
pickup1234
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, there is no way to use a PC to download the memo data from Samsung Cloud. The memo files are visible (see below photo listing 96 memos) but there is no function to download them. These files appear to be visible to the S Notes app (going through the process above) but the app only appears to identify 40 of the oldest memos out of the 96 listed in the Cloud.

You are correct though, if there was a way to download them to the PC (or another programme to download them from Samsung Cloud), I would be able to use a PC to extract the data from the memos.

Is anybody aware of any other apps or programmes that can access the data on Samsung Cloud in order to retrieve these memos?

Many thanks

Chris 

Samsung Cloud.jpg

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
0 Likes
pickup1234
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the swift response.

Unfortunately this download is no longer available and for some reason the Samsung Notes app seems to be discontinued on the Microsoft Store (it's there on the store but you can't download it).

I have tried an old version of Samsung Notes on the PC via a download link I found (v.2.0.44.0) but this seems to lack of lot of the features which may be present within later versions (such as v4.1.28 in the link you sent me).

I will keep trying to find a newer version to see if I can get it to access the memos on Samsung Cloud.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi, I managed to download it, it's now on my Google drive here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hI5b-tJU-n_T7Z3QYCoCzlNB7Sq_hds-/view?usp=sharing

Please make sure to do an AV scan as I cannot vouch for the file. 

0 Likes
pickup1234
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for posting this installation file, this is incredibly helpful.

I have downloaded this and followed the installation guide in the text file.

Installation Guide:

Extract zip in System drive
Open WSAppBak.exe and close it in 10 seconds
Right click (Options) "SAMSUNGELECTRONICSCoLtd.SamsungNotes_4.1.28.0_x64__wyx1vj98g3asy.appx"
Open with "WSAppPkgIns.exe" file in the folder

When you follow this exact guide and attempt to run the application with "WSAppPkgIns.exe" an error message comes up with "This application could not be started."

pickup1234_0-1655875632999.png

I've also attempted to run Android emulators LDPlayer (versions 3 and 4) and Bluestacks X in order to access Samsung Notes on the PC. I have run all 3 programmes and found Samsung Notes on the Google Play store.

However, this comes up with the message, "Your device isn't compatible with this version." on all three emulators. 

pickup1234_1-1655875688256.png

I must admit that this is getting frustrating that every avenue I am exploring is coming to a dead end with all programmes which seems to be due the incompatibility of the Samsung Notes app with almost every platform I am trying to access it on.

If the programme just worked on Android and was able to import memos correctly (saved on my Samsung account) this wouldn't be a problem - I don't know why Samsung can't just fix this as this must be a common problem for many people who switch phones and use the Samsung Notes app.

I do appreciate your ongoing support on this.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'm sorry we are not getting far. Let me just put this out there. I have an old S4 that would probably do the job. Any thoughts?
0 Likes