Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung notes search

(Topic created on: 05-11-2022 03:21 AM)
SamanShaker
Student
Options

Hi

I use Samsung Notes for studying,  and I use the search option quite a lot to find topics, but since the last 3 days, the search function can't find anything anymore.  Any help please

7 REPLIES 7
Daz73r
Helping Hand
Options
Resync account
0 Likes
Shayan Khan
Journeyman
Options

The "search" feature in Samsung Notes has gotten really bad after the latest update. When I search used to searched a word, it would show me all the documents in which that word was present. After the update, it shows less than half of the documents with that same word. It's not even handwritten, it's typed words in textbooks and it's still not working. I've tried cleaning cache, restarting the tablet as well as clearing the data. Nothing seems to be working.

To clarify the issue I'm having,I'll give an example here.

After the recent update,whenever I search up a word in Samsung notes,it brings up  the document in which I've *hand written*  the specific word BUT NOT the word that is already typed in the pdf itself. So its detecting most handwriting but not what came in the document itself.

JRGP
First Poster
Options

I  am having this exact problem. This search function worked before, so I assume they should know how to fix it soon. How do we get Samsung support to notice this problem? I have no problem searching for a term when I am on the document but when I need to find a term from a handful of pdfs I am not gonna remember which one has it. 

Shayan Khan
Journeyman
Options

I completely understand where you're coming from as I have the exact same concerns, our best bet is them seeing these on these reports on this platform and fixing the in the upcoming update 

Lyds
First Poster
Options

Agreed! Samsung,  please solve this issue ASAP! 

0 Likes
Shayan Khan
Journeyman
Options

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! With the new One UI 5 (Android 13) update comes also the new Samsung Notes update! And this issue alongside the lasso function issue has been fixed! If you havent received the update yet,please manually go to setting and check,if its still unavailable,it may have to do with your region but if you are the owner of Tab S6,S6 lite and onwards,you will get the update soon wherever you are!! Thank you samsung for listening to the users and thank you everyone else for commenting on the thread and bringing it to developer's attention♥️♥️♥️ 

0 Likes
numberior
First Poster
Options

Thank you Khan!

Just tried it. It works as before now :smiling-face:

Samsung if you are reading this PLEASE check functionalities before releasing updates for Samsung Notes! 

0 Likes