Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Notes Problem - penwrite doesn't stay aligned with the text

(Topic created on: 01-09-2022 10:52 PM)
Members_3iQ0y0T
Explorer
Options

Dear Samsung Team,

I am using the app "Samsung Notes" daily with my tablet and have a huge problem in the app after I updated it. I would be happy  if you guys could address and solve those problems please. The handwrite is not anchored to the page, which really doesn't make any sense. Adding a text above the hand write ruins all the structure of the data. Here is a video that demonstrates the problem :

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/rkS5uHV5X-0

Please change it, because I have 500 notes I made in the old version, and now I can't edit them anymore.

I thank you in advance. This application was awesome for me, please make it good again. 

Best Regards,

Arad 

26 REPLIES 26
Members_3iQ0y0T
Explorer
Options

Hey @AntS, thank you for your reply and help. Sorry for my late reply. Yes, this is exactly my problem. Since the handwrite stays on the same position, adding information to the top of the note is practically not possible, because the whole structure of the page gets messed up. There is an option of "move with text" in Samsung Notes for images, but not for handwrite, which is crucial for me. Thank you for forwarding the information to your developers, that helps me a lot.

PaulM1
Options

Thanks for your reply, @Members_3iQ0y0T, and my apologies for missing the posts that you had flagged. That was my oversight.

Our developers will definitely look into this for you and, if we receive any feedback, we will update the thread accordingly. 👍

Members_3iQ0y0T
Explorer
Options

Hey @PaulM1 that's alright, I understand you have a lot of messages here and it's really easy to miss some of them. Thank you for your help and support, it helps me a lot.

AntS
Options

Hi @Members_3iQ0y0T , Cheers!

The developers have got back to us regarding the handwriting moving with the text. They've advised that they'll be looking for more users would like this function before considering implementing it - so I'd encourage more folks out there who would like it too to let us know here. 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I can certainly see the issue, therefore think it would support incorporating handwriting moving with the text as would benefit a number of users.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Members_3iQ0y0T
Explorer
Options

Hey @AntS , thank you for your reply and information. Would you be kind enough to send the developers the video I uploaded? This one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f07JjidkG7E

What I am asking is not a new functionality; the design of the app is faulty, and the developers must see that to understand the problem.  Practically, the note can't be edited from the top. I would appreciate it a lot if you could send the developers my video, and ask them to comment on it. Sorry for nudging about that, I would have switched to a different app already, but unfortunately I have 550 notes I wrote which are now practically unusable...

@JAMES4578  Thank you for your opinion, it helps me a lot

AntS
Options

No worries, @Members_3iQ0y0T . I included both of your videos in my original forwarding to the developers.

0 Likes
Members_3iQ0y0T
Explorer
Options

Hey @AntS, thank you for your answer. I really don't understand how the developers ignore this problem. How should I use the application then? How can I mix both written text and pen writing, and be able to keep the structure of the note? Handwritten and keyboard text are fundamental for writing. Am I missing something here? 

0 Likes
ZRagon
First Poster
Options

It took them 3 months, and the issue never got fixed?

Woah, their devs really need to keep up their pace.

twynter94
First Poster
Options

I too would like this issue to be resolved. Drawings can move with the text, why not handwriting?