Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Notes Embedded Images

(Topic created on: 15-03-2022 10:53 PM)
Sean03
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks for any insight you can provide into the questions below:

1. If I delete images from my device using the Gallery or Files app (for example clearing out the Downloads folder) will those same images I used as embeds imported into Samsung Notes still be visible in the Notes file?

2. If so, is it just a case of making sure I never clear the Samsung Notes cache and storage, if I want to keep images inside of my Samsung Notes intact?

Cheers
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
RichHaynes
Explorer
Options
Any files you embed in to a Note are exactly that, embedded. Each Note has a file in app storage and the embedded file is stored within that Note file. Deleting the original file will not cause it to be removed from the Note. If you clear the cache of the Notes app then your data is safe but if you remove the data of the app then you are basically resetting the app and all your Notes will be deleted. Do not clear the data unless you really have to! They may be recoverable if you have backed up the Notes app or you sync Notes to your Samsung account but if you don't, your notes will be gone forever.
Sean03
Pathfinder
Options
Exactly what I needed to know, thanks for being precise. Much appreciated!
RichHaynes
Explorer
Options
No problem. As an aside, you can see this in action if you export a Note. It will create a file with the extension .sdocx which is basically a zip file. If you unzip it you will see any files you've embedded along with some metadata and a .page file which contains the text of the note.