Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Notes Crashing in Secure Folder

(Topic created on: 02-09-2020 09:23 PM)
nvukelic
Apprentice
Options

After the last update my Samsung Notes app keeps crashing, but only the one in Secure Folder. The public one has no problems.

The crashing started after the update and after I moved one (older format) note to the secure folder Samsung Notes, so I assume that this note is causing the problem. 

I don't won't to reinstall the app, because I have couple of notes that are password protected and they are not synced with the Cloud, so they would be lost if I do that. I have tried returning to older versions, but it's not letting me install them. 

Anyone with the suggestion? I can't do anything with it and don't want to lose the notes... 

Help, please. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MisterO1
Apprentice
Options

PROBLEM SOLVED (for me) :

This afternoon Samsung just published an update of Samsung Notes on the Galaxy Store and from now I can read the notes inside the secure folder ! YES 🙂

View solution in context

13 REPLIES 13
MilanKnez
Student
Options

The same problem. I moved 2 important notes to secure folder and after that I updated Samsung Notes. When I tried to open Notes in a secure folder there was nothing, and moments later the app crashed (this happens over and over again). Since it is not synced with the Cloud, there is nothing I can do.

Please for your help.

MisterO1
Apprentice
Options

Same problem here also with my french Samsung S9... I have full of notes inside the secure folder but impossible to read them because Samsung Notes crash all the time 😞 I hope an update of Samsung Notes very soon...

nvukelic
Apprentice
Options

Ok, I am not the only one, that gives me hope for solution.

If only anyone from Samsung customer support would read these posts...

PortyGirl
First Poster
Options
My Samsung Notes has stopped working suddenly and the app stores says it is now incompatible with my phone !! Worked fine a couple of days ago !!
I think they are backed up to the Samsung cloud but I can't restore them due to apparent "incompatible" issue.
Does anybody know how to extract the backed up data into something else e.g. word? just need the info in any format. Thanks
0 Likes
SteveSkier
Student
Options
I'm getting the exact same thing. Only the one in the secured folder, which is bizarre. It opens for about 5 seconds before crashing and saying 'Samsung Notes keeping stopping' so frustrating..
Keith01
First Poster
Options

I'm getting the exact same crash after the update. I have important notes in my secure folder so i don't want to reinstall because i don't have it backed up. PLEASE HELP!

0 Likes
PortyGirl
First Poster
Options
MY NOTES ARE BACK
I asked on the "get help" page and they came back with clear data, force stop etc which didn't work.
Cutting my losses I uninstalled Notes and reinstalled from Galaxy Store and my backed up notes appeared.
0 Likes
nvukelic
Apprentice
Options

Well, that's not an acceptable solution for me, cutting loses is not what I want. Of course is that a solution to make the app work again, but my password protected Notes would be lost forever then and that's not an option. 

There has to be a way to get it to work without losses. 

0 Likes
SteveSkier
Student
Options
I have reported the issue to Samsung via the text chat function on this app (took about 15mins from start to finish to report, so not too much hassle). I had to provide my device information so they can prioritise a firmware update. I did mention that others are also having the same problem and pasted this thread into the chat. The Samsung rep said although they are aware of the issue, my device would be prioritised due to them having my specific device details and that anyone else experiencing the issue would be best to report the error directly also.

The ETA of the firmware update should be "2 to 3 days maximum". Hopefully it works by COP Friday.
0 Likes