Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung notes app search issue

(Topic created on: 24-09-2020 11:18 AM)
KAX1
Student
Options

I have two Samsung phones, galaxy note 8 and note 10 plus. 

Both phones are installed with the latest version of Samsung not app version 4.0.06.5

Ever since the update, when I search for the keyword, the search result only shows the titles of the notes with the keyword, and not shows the content of the notes which also has the keyword. 

For example, when I search for 'cooking', only the notes with the title containing 'cooking' will appear, but the others notes having the exact keyword in the content of the notes but don't have the keyword in the title, won't appear. 

Before the update, the search will show the notes with keyword in the title and/or in the the content, and also handwritten content!

I tried clear the data and cache and redownloaded the notes from the cloud. The problem doesn't resolve. 

Go to solution
36 REPLIES 36
Ary47
Student
Options

Yeah, It's not been resolved. I've been waiting for 3 weeks. This is utterly ridiculous. 

0 Likes
Naman
Explorer
Options

App version 4.1.00.52 update received yesterday

Search started after update with clear cache & clear data.

But after 4-5 hours, it is not highlighting the search keyword inside the note.

Than a clear history of search keywords again started highlighting

Still buggy

0 Likes
Solution
KAX1
Student
Options

Good news. The issue is solved with the latest update 4.1.00.52

After installing the lasted update, go to app info (do so by long pressing the app icon) > storage > clean data + clean cache then restart your phone
After restarting your phone, open the app, start syncing and downloading your previous notes
NOTE: Since your are clearing your app data, remember to backup/sync your notes before doing so or your notes will be lost permanently after you clear your app data.

Assistme1
First Poster
Options

Yes this worked like a charm!  MAKE SURE YOU ALSO BACKUP YOUR DEVICE, JUST IN CASE!

0 Likes
DKGalaxy
First Poster
Options

Thanks! Worked for me.

0 Likes
Docjat
First Poster
Options

I'm still having the issue. It started when I switched from my note 10 plus to note 20 ultra 5g.

0 Likes
OldPirate
First Poster
Options

Same.

0 Likes