Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung notes app search issue

(Topic created on: 16-10-2020 03:00 PM)
KAX1
Student
Options

I have two Samsung phones, galaxy note 8 and note 10 plus. 

Both phones are installed with the latest version of Samsung not app version 4.0.06.5

Ever since the update, when I search for the keyword, the search result only shows the titles of the notes with the keyword, and not shows the content of the notes which also has the keyword. 

For example, when I search for 'cooking', only the notes with the title containing 'cooking' will appear, but the others notes having the exact keyword in the content of the notes but don't have the keyword in the title, won't appear. 

Before the update, the search will show the notes with keyword in the title and/or in the the content, and also handwritten content!

I tried clear the data and cache and redownloaded the notes from the cloud. The problem doesn't resolve. 

36 REPLIES 36
JuanCa20
First Poster
Options

Same problem! Need to fix is ASAP!

TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi All!

Hope that you are all well and safe! Our developers have found the source of the issue now and this will be resolved in the next official update of the Samsung Notes app. Please do keep an eye out for the update. 

Members_1JjZVvI
First Poster
Options

When will that be?

kahin
Apprentice
Options

Very disappointed of the inconvenience. This triggered me to explore Microsoft Notes. Thanks for  giving the opportunity, I found a better alternative tool. Though it takes few days to copy and paste all my notes,  but still faster than Samsung updates of fix. Better accessibility.

0 Likes
Members_kzoDqeD
First Poster
Options

Thanks Tess. Can we have an expected date for the update, please?

SinFin
Apprentice
Options

I have found another issue that is similiar

0 Likes
SinFin
Apprentice
Options

My last 2 notes have disappeared from my phone but I can still see them on my Samsung App for windows PC.  Somehow or another the synching between the two is causing problems.

0 Likes
SinFin
Apprentice
Options

What is good is that I can search my notes utilizing the samsung windows app but as I said, if a edit a note that was created on my phone, the note disappears from my phone?!

0 Likes
Naman
Explorer
Options

Received update today, search issue still not resolved.

0 Likes
Naman
Explorer
Options

Tried Clear Cache & Clear Data

Its working now, I hope it will work fine

Will update status after 2-3 days if usage

0 Likes