Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung note 9 screen issues after security updates.

(Topic created on: 07-07-2020 01:55 PM)
Israeljay30
Apprentice
Options

Can someone help me with my problem. After security updates installed on my samsung note 9. The sceeen's resolution became veey low with horizontal brown lines from top to bottom. I attached the photo. It happens everytime the brightness changes, that is my suspicion. Did this happen also to other samsung note 9 users? How can we fix this? Thank you so much.Screen of samsung note 9 after the latest update.Screen of samsung note 9 after the latest update.

16 REPLIES 16
Indonesia1
First Poster
Options

Yesterday after the update my screen had discolortion.. it looks same.. i ask the service center. The solution is replacement the screen.. the screen get demage from overheating because the update.. for the flagship i am very disappoint because the update it can be demage your screen.. if you waiting the next update its not solution.. the solution is replacement screnn prepare ur money

0 Likes
Ahaque
Student
Options

My problem is resolved by installing PWMfree app. You can download this apps from browser.

Sourabh
First Poster
Options

I am from India....I'm also facing same problem from last 10 days....I updated my phone before 15 days....I went to service centre but no solution... they are telling that display is damaged .....Change the display @17K

0 Likes
R0ckstar
First Poster
Options

I'm also having similar issue. Frequently  phone overheats and screen colour changes to yellow with horizontal lines.

0 Likes
LcCsizi
Apprentice
Options
Same problem here since the November security patch. Soon after got the issue. Every time open the phone got the dimmer colour. But if I put to charge and open the phone just when showing the notification about the charging the colours and the screen perfectly working until I close the phone and try to open again. Clearly a software problem ax so many others reported the same issue on there phone. My phone not even 2 years old. Hopefully Samsung will roll out a patch for sorting this out. For many of us.
0 Likes
Bo-omar
First Poster
Options

thank you it work 

0 Likes
aloevera
Apprentice
Options

I've been having this problem with my Note 9 too for a couple of weeks. My screen became unresponsive, yellowish green but also intermittently. I couldn't even unlock my phone or answer calls because the whole screen was just problematic. I thought it would get worse with time, but it didn't. which makes me think it's a software issue and not a hardware one. 

I Youtubed the issue. Turning off adaptive brightness, and putting the brightness all the way down to minimum has helped. Now at least I can use my phone! But it still sucks to not be able to control brightness, and the colours still aren't perfect. I also read on a server that Samsung had sent out a memo internally directing its authorised service centres to fix this issue for free even past warranty. Worth a shot imo. For now, try this- 

https://youtu.be/m0-npdV-U2c

0 Likes