Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung note 9 screen issues after security updates.

(Topic created on: 22-04-2020 03:37 PM)
Israeljay30
Apprentice
Options

Can someone help me with my problem. After security updates installed on my samsung note 9. The sceeen's resolution became veey low with horizontal brown lines from top to bottom. I attached the photo. It happens everytime the brightness changes, that is my suspicion. Did this happen also to other samsung note 9 users? How can we fix this? Thank you so much.Screen of samsung note 9 after the latest update.Screen of samsung note 9 after the latest update.

16 REPLIES 16
CarlH
Options

Hi @Israeljay30. Does the screen stay like this or is it temporary?

0 Likes
Israeljay30
Apprentice
Options

It is temporary, but intermittent. As of writing, my phone works well. I also notice that the screen is getting hot even if I am not using heavy application. Thank you for the quick response.

0 Likes
DannyT
Options

Can you check if the same thing happens in Safe Mode?

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
Israeljay30
Apprentice
Options

Yeah I tried to restart it in safe mode and same thing happened. At this time, the screen is having screen resolution discoloration as what happened before. Maybe I can uninstall this latest update so it comes back to its perfect condition. Any suggestions how to uninstall the latest update? Thank you so much. I really appreciate your time and assistance.

Israeljay30
Apprentice
Options

Screen discoloration keeps on coming back.Screen discoloration keeps on coming back.

Ahaque
Student
Options

I am facing the same issue. Even April update doesn't help. Please fix the issue in next update.

rajeshchennai
First Poster
Options

Am facing same problem, this problems getting solved by removing NFC coil, display looks good without burn spots but we cant put phone to charging, If thr is a way to remove completly NFC coil and to make phone to charge then tats the solution for this but if we remove NFC coil and put phone to charge it will wont charge and will say "Low Temperature Issue "

Israeljay30
Apprentice
Options
Can someone help fix this issue professionally? This is a major problem for all of us. Can someone who is capable of contacting Samsung company help us? This is a flagship phone and we paid this at premium price so we deserve an acceptable service.
M0381U5
First Poster
Options

Yep exactly the same problem here.

Greenish screen discolouration and distortion.

Happens most of the time, but comes and goes,

Happens on charge cable connection, pushing power button, home screen while locked.

Does in factory reset, bootloader screen, charging screen while off, and even while booting up.

Happened right after April security update 2 days ago.

Lots of people on the Sammobile site saying the same thing.

Please fix immediately.

SM-N960F/DS

AUSTRALIA

ANDROID 10