Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung music - downloading track names etc

(Topic created on: 08-03-2021 05:03 PM)
Mike77
Apprentice
Options

Hi. I'm just starting to use my Samsung mobile as a music player. I've ripped a cd on my pc using Windows Media and downloaded the track names and album artwork. But when I transferred the music to the phone and looked at the music app, the tracks have no names and album cover is not there. Does anyone please know how I can rectify this? Many thanks. Best wishes, Mike

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Kasim2409
Voyager
Options
might be worth clearing data from the 'Samsung Music' application and see if that makes a difference?
0 Likes
Mike77
Apprentice
Options

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I've tried deleting the album and starting again. Can't see any other way of clearing data from the app. Also, this is the first time I've used the app.

0 Likes
Kasim2409
Voyager
Options
you can do that from Settings -> Apps -> locate the "Samsung Music" Application and find "Storage" when you've clicked on that you should have the options to either clear cache or data

Screenshot_20210308-162743_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Mike77
Apprentice
Options

Hi again. Thanks - have just tried that but no difference. Do you know of any pc software that is better for transferring the track names along with the music file?

0 Likes
Kasim2409
Voyager
Options
Actually i think i might. Are you able to download the "Samsung Smart Switch" application on your PC? That should work

Here's the link: https://www.samsung.com/global/download/smartswitchwin/
0 Likes
Mike77
Apprentice
Options

Hi. Yes I did download that earlier today, and it backed up lots of stuff on the phone, but I can't see any option except for backup, restore and outlook sync.

0 Likes
Kasim2409
Voyager
Options
it should give you the option to transfer data over from your PC & vice versa after you install it.

Screenshot_20210308-170358_Smart Switch.jpg

0 Likes
Kasim2409
Voyager
Options
see screenshot

Screenshot_20210308-170358_Smart Switch.jpg

0 Likes
Mike77
Apprentice
Options

Hi. I can't get that screenshot to appear again, though I did see it earlier. I could do with knowing where the problem lies when exporting from Windows Media Audio to Samsung Music, so that I can change approach where necessary.

0 Likes