Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Music app

(Topic created on: 22-07-2021 08:11 AM)
heytoki
Apprentice
Options

Hello all,

i have just gotten a new phone, the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE. When i try to transfer the songs i had in my previous Samsung Galaxy S8, the songs are not going to the Samsung Music app.

The songs are showing under My Files, in recent files. How do i get the songs to be showing in the Samsung Music app?

thanks.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Simplest method i find is to locate the files on the phone, move them off the phone to the pc desktop, then send them back to the correct folder on your phone. The recent files should give an indication where your audio files are initially stored. Once you've done all that, allow SAMSUNG MUSIC to refresh its tracklists, etc.
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
The music app doesn't seem to update the media files sometimes. First try restarting your device and seeing if they show up. Failing that, go into the folders section, select the 3 dots and choose hide folders. See if the folder is hidden where you placed your music to. Lastly if this doesn't help, try deleting the app data and cache and make sure to fully close the music app. Then reopen it and hopefully all your music will show up.
heytoki
Apprentice
Options
It doesn't work... I have also tried to download a song and despite the sogn being downloaded correctly, it doesn't show in the Samsung music app. Any thoughts?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@heytoki: Have you tried checking the Tracks, Albums and Artists tabs respectively to see if they're present in any of these locations? If not, can you confirm what format the music files are in? I've had a look into this and the S020 FE is compatible with the following audio formats: MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA, DFF, DSF, APE

heytoki
Apprentice
Options
@andrewl those tabs are empty. The songs I transferred from my old phone are in different folders under my files. Most of them are in MP3 format. I just downloaded 3 songs and they have gone to the download folder under My Files but nothing shows on the Samsung Music app 😔
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Move them from the DOWNLOADS folder, to the MUSIC folder. I think SM app is designed so that it only browses the music folder. For example, the reason why SM doesn't display your ringtones when you run it is because they are kept in the RINGTONES folder, even though they are audio files. Your music should only be stored in your MUSIC folder. If your music is kept on the phone's own storage, it should be located in the MUSIC folder. If on sd card, SM will locate your music there. In effect, the app is looking at:

INTERNAL/MUSIC, and EXTERNAL/MUSIC.

I think if you changed the paths to:

INTERNAL/AUDIO, and EXTERNAL/AUDIO

,then Samsung Music does not recognise the path to AUDIO - it only recognises the path to MUSIC (if that makes some kinda sense to you).

As I suggested earlier - drag these music files off your phone to your desktop/laptop then, by opening EXPLORER on your desktop, click on your phone. There should be 2 paths: PHONE and CARD. Lets assume you want the music onto your card, click on CARD, to explore the contents of your card. Hopefully, there is already a folder in there, called MUSIC (at this point, it is important that this folder name is in upper case). If there is no folder with that name, right-click in this window, scroll down to NEW, then select FOLDER. This creates a New Folder on the card. Highlight New Folder, then right-click, RENAME this folder to MUSIC (all in CAPITAL letters), then close it. The folder is now ready for you to DRAG AND DROP your music FROM the desktop, to: CARD/MUSIC. RIGHT-CLICK the desktop folder containing your music, select COPY, then open the CARD/MUSIC folder, right-click again in here, and select PASTE. Your music should be transferred into here. Once finished, try playing your music in Samsung Music. All being well, it works. If successful, you can now delete the music folder that you just drag and dropped from. 😊
heytoki
Apprentice
Options
I have a laptop but because is from work I can't transfer files in and out but I got some ideas from your description which helped me to get the songs in the app. So I moved all songs to the folder music and then copy the folder into the internal storage and it worked :smiling-face:
Thanks all for your replies 🙏
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Glad to hear I was of some use!! 😊
ExCaptEd
First Poster
Options

Hi everyone! I hope you can help.

I have a problem seeing some albums too. I have a Samsung galaxy s9+ and a Samsung tab 8+. (Great little tablet). The same albums only show up on both devices when searched for or under recently played (under Playlist). They don't show under folder or albums. All files are mp3 format. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it still doesn't show. I looked at the folder properties but I don't see any difference in the properties. All files are in the music folder. Any clues? Thanks in advance. God Bless !

0 Likes