Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Multiroom App and Tunein

(Topic created on: 28-03-2021 11:39 AM)
Col53
Apprentice
Options

I have the Samsung Multiroom App on my I pad and I phone. I use  “Tunein” on the app to listen to the radio as the only way I can play the I pad and I phone to my Samsung R6 speaker is via the app.

Until recently, everything worked well for years but for a while now a few  stations no longer play. So for example, if I try to play Classic fm, Tunein will find the station and show me what is playing but won’t let me listen. The error message is “can’t start playback”.

I have tried resetting the speaker and reinstalling the app, but that doesn’t help. The speaker software is up to date. I had an on line chat with Samsung, who laid the blame with Tunein. I have corresponded with Tunein, who were a lot more helpful, but their eventual conclusion was that their own testing showed that everything was fine at their end and the problem must be with the Samsung app, which is my own tentative conclusion. Samsung don’t seem to accept this, but no proper reason given.

Is there something else I can try? Is this a common issue?

Any constructive comments welcome.

Thanks for your time.

5 REPLIES 5
Smartts
Apprentice
Options

Hi col53.

That's exactly the same for me me I just presume that the agreement between TUNEIN AND a lot of stations especially those on BBC Radio has just expired.. Samsung have obviously not paid up their dues. What's annoying Samsung doesn't make this information readily available. So people like you and me spend ages trying to get it to work when it's a Hopeless situation. 

To let you know everything still works on Sonos.

Said smarts

Col53
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Smartts

I’ll certainly be very reluctant to buy another Samsung product in light of their poor customer service. By contrast, Bose are first class when it comes to giving assistance. 

Smartts
Apprentice
Options

This is the Samsung business model i have experienced over 20 years- they move with their products for marketing an profits with little respect for customers 2 years ago. GIVE them a WIDE BERTH, unless you are seduced by the Gloss (good technology) and have the same 2 year life product life expectancy, and don't care about being a valued customer... 😞

I hate them more than APPLE..!

NL_BE
Student
Options

I use TuneIn for years now on my Samsung Multiroom app, but from yesterday onwards I noticed TuneIn won't connect anymore through the app. It says "no internet connection" when I try to find my favorite radio stations. It looks like something has changed on the side of TuneIn, the TuneIn app changed (pay to get ad-free radio) and Samsung Multiroom app cannot connect anymore. Samsung, please fix this or give us an alternative radio app in the Multiroom app.

Dom_SS
Journeyman
Options

Hello NL_BE, 

at your username you natively will speak Dutch but we'll continue this conversation on the English side I'm also a very steady user of my WAM products and after reading all over the place I finally got this answer from the Dutch speaking Samsung support
-----------------------------------------------

Hi there, good morning.

We have now received more information, but not with the desired news.

This is indeed no longer supported and more and more channels will disappear that will no longer work. This has to do with the agreements between Samsung and the third-party apps. These agreements with them have meanwhile ended and ended and unfortunately we cannot do anything about this.

Regards, Martin

----------------------------

I'm thinking about setting up especially on the European site maybe a petition that Samsung has to listen to us this older hardware isn't phased out and the technology hasn't been improved so what's the problem Samsung just not spending money too keep the app up to date.

the dude from the support suggest that the factory only has to support for six months any updates but that's regarding security and if I’m not wrong if they discontinue this programme we are not able to use the product anymore I think that's a big difference we only can use it like a Bluetooth speaker.

met vriendelijke groeten :smiling-face: Dom _SS contact me for a Petition :   save_my_wan(at)outlook.com

0 Likes