Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung messages

(Topic created on: 08-06-2021 11:04 AM)
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
Anyone having a problem with rcs chat features was working until just recently it just stopped now every time I try set it up its saying registration failed. I have tried Google messages to try activate chat services but doesn't seem to help.
37 REPLIES 37
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Well so much for this April update fix. Just waiting for mine to go again. I will say when I connected to Google on the 19th till a few days ago when I set Samsung. After hearing about the fix. Google was very solid. Worked every time I used it. It's always worth giving Google a shot. It may not verify your number straight away. But just leave it once you have turned it on. Can take a while.
0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
I just checked my other phone one plus 8T & the chat services is unavailable too which is strange.
0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi again, I fixed the chat messages with a very simple method I just added another sim on contract & sent a chat message via the second sim & it worked then I did the same on my main sim & it's now working 😀
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Oh that's good that you've sorted it. At least if it goes on mine I know what to try to fix. Thanks
0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Thank you & You're welcome.
0 Likes
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
Chat services has stopped working again ! even after a changed my number it worked for a few days now stopped again I have tried Google messages but not letting me setup chat on that either wish Google or Samsung would get chat fixed.
0 Likes
SW2
Pathfinder
Options
I'm having the same issue. Samsung are useless when it comes to service. Have sent them error logs multiple times and they keep saying that it hasn't arrived.... and they can't seem to help until it does but they are not even trying to figure out why that doesn't work.... they tried blaming the network however I have another Samsung phone on a different network which doesn't work either...
0 Likes
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
I found something that worked for me I didn't try to activate chat services for about 10 days then I tried and it worked again , but yet when I download Google messages my number verifys and I can have chat service with Google messages even though samsung messages doesn't work I don't understand it but u could maybe try that