Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung messages

(Topic created on: 16-03-2021 09:28 PM)
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
Anyone having a problem with rcs chat features was working until just recently it just stopped now every time I try set it up its saying registration failed. I have tried Google messages to try activate chat services but doesn't seem to help.
37 REPLIES 37
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
yeah there are quite a few people with this problem i managed to get mine working only to wake next day to find it had gone even thou rich communications is on.
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
it's annoying it was working up until last night then just stopped a hope Samsung or Google can get it fixed ASAP
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
yeah i can't work out why it's not working and how it just disappeared.
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Rcs hasn't worked for me since 2nd Jan. All samsung say to my error logs is check with my network. Its not EE they sent me a new sim and even changed my phone number. It worked for 8 days after the number change. Maybe if you send an error log to Samsung, they may see that this is an issue with many more people. And hopefully find a fix for the Samsung app. I did connect to Google a few weeks back. finally I thought. But as soon as I set samsung messages to default and noticed chat was not working. Google then wouldn't verify my number.
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
I know it's just started out the blue hopefully there's a fix soon funny thing is I tried a different simcard in my phone and it let me enable rcs for that simcard on my phone but doesn't let me enable it for my own simcard which has worked for up until now.
0 Likes
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
I'm getting the same thing it's annoying 😒 and it's definitely not EE as I'm with EE and it worked OK up till today
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Its been going on way too long for me. They need to fix it. I've been with EE for years and used chat all last year. It's either Google, or its either samsung. It wasn't long I updated to one ui 3.0 on my Note 20 ultra before it stopped working. Samsung messages chat is what I used when it just stopped.
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
definitely I have just sent an error report through the members app I think the more people complain about it they will do something about it.
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I called EE after. There is nothing wrong there end. It was hassle just changing my phone number in the first place a number I used since being with EE.
0 Likes