Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung members app (different region phone)

(Topic created on: 09-10-2019 01:12 AM)
natsukuso
First Poster
Options

hi there i bought s9 plus when i went germany because the eu warranty works in uk as well. however  when i launched the samsumg members app the marketing ads and benefits where all german while i compared to my friends s9 plus uk model she got different benefits but in english. i wanted to know if i can change my region from german to uk so i can get uk benefits.

thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@natsukuso: Unfortunately if the phone was intended for use in Germany then certain apps and features will be setup for use in that region, including language and region specific offers/promotions. If you open the Members app, tap the 3 dots in the top right and select Settings > Samsung Account > Account Information, does it say 'Germany' under the Country information? If so, are you able to tap on this and adjust the location accordingly?

0 Likes
John4Oh
Helping Hand
Options

To add what Andrew has wrote @natsukuso you can also access the Samsung community through your phone browser and that'll give you the community in English because you've got your phone setup in English (UK).

HRH17
Apprentice
Options

I bought my s8 couple of years ago on ebay as I wanted a dual sim phone in UK. The phone is optimised for UAE which means I can't add UK bank cards to this phone. 

To add annoyance, I can't even see UK as country when I try to add my UK number to my Samsung accounScreenshot_20191002-220642_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Likes
777-300ER
Explorer
Options

This is simply a way for Samsung to curb the gray market.

0 Likes