Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Members Address Wrong

(Topic created on: 19-07-2020 12:36 PM)
grxxg
Journeyman
Options

I have noticed that when I try to enter a competition or lucky draw from the Samsung Members app, it prefills the entry form with details stored by Samsung, but this has my old address on it and I can't find anywhere to change it.

I have tried account.samsung.com but there is no place for me to add my address here, and also tried the option that is mentioned on the draw page:

*Please note that your personal details may only be edited in your Samsung Account profile.
If you need to update your address details, you can do so by following these steps in Members app:
Settings > Samsung account > Account information > click on the information you wish to change

I have tried calling a few help numbers for Samsung, and nobody has a clue so hoping someone else has hit this issue before...

8 REPLIES 8
BogDy
Journeyman
Options

Same here. What's happening?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@grxxg: If you're unable to change your address via the Members app, can you try going to Settings > Accounts and Backup > Accounts > Samsung Account > Personal Info, to see if you're able to amend it form this location? If not I recommend reaching out to our Accounts Team on 0800 995 1079 where an advisor will be able to look into this further for you.
0 Likes
grxxg
Journeyman
Options

Personal Info area has nothing for address for me, but I'll try give the Accounts team a call and hopefully get somewhere. Thanks for replying!

0 Likes
Onnie
First Poster
Options
@greighamilton, I have been trying to add my address & like you couldn't find where to do it. Were the accounts team able to help you?
Alan74
Apprentice
Options
I've been trying to solve this for weeks. Not only can you not change your address, Samsung has no clue and more importantly they are breaking GDPR Really not impressed being pulled back and forth by Samsung
0 Likes
PiotrekW
First Poster
Options
Waste of time and energy, sadly Samsung not interested in a fix
0 Likes
grxxg
Journeyman
Options
An update, I got nowhere with support tbh, but I have noticed the past few lucky dip competitions that it no longer has the address or requires it. so maybe this was their workaround :smiling-face:
0 Likes
grxxg
Journeyman
Options
Sadly not, but as I mentioned the API when I enter competitions no longer pulls up an address. So they've possibly removed it as it's not required / don't know how to change it haha
0 Likes