Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung mail error couldnt verify account upon setup

(Topic created on: 21-02-2021 09:27 AM)
Members_bhWIVYj
First Poster
Options

Help needed please. My wife has a samsung s20 which she uses for my my emails with samsung mail. It used to work till about a week ago but now cant recieve emails with the error message - Couldnt Verify Account. The username or password is incorrect or POP3/IMAP access isnt turned on for this account. Check your email account settings on the web, then try again. She  can access this email on any other device and computer but not on this phone. i have deleted the account and reinstalled but still same and  have deleted samsung mail and reinstalled but still no luck. I have checked the server settings on om my S10 and they are identical.

Am i missing something via virgin or is this a samsung problem or even does anybody have a solution as it is getting very frustrating.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Blueroo
First Poster
Options
try installing another mail programme, I use Gmail for all of my different accounts.
0 Likes
Members_bhWIVYj
First Poster
Options

Hi i have tried that, i tried outlook which was already on the phone but still the same problem then i tried gmail and still the same. Its as if something is on her phone blocking  the setup.

0 Likes
Members_bhWIVYj
First Poster
Options

Resolved the problem by simply changing the paassword again.

0 Likes