Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Linux on Dex Galaxy Tab S6 availability

(Topic created on: 09-10-2019 03:32 AM)
DaedalusEH
Explorer
Options

Does anyone know as to when the 'Linux on Dex' will be available on Galaxy Tab S6? I looked at the Galaxy store and the Play Store but I did not find anything. Also I downloaded the 1.0.51 beta version from APKMirror but when I started it told me that the device was not compatible and shut down. 

80 REPLIES 80
GoncaloGLS
First Poster
Options
I was thinking of buying the tab s6 for content consumption, programming and other type of work. Personnaly i find bonkers for samsung having this so cool and good feature, that could really improve our workflow, and discard it, instead developing "gimmicky" air gestures. With this feature and that slick tablet samsung could have a chance against ipad.
jpkh
First Poster
Options

I just got my S6 and first app to install was naturally LoD. What a disapointment that it's not working on S6 Tab.. Then I found this thread. *****. 

Basically only reason why bought S6 was LoD. Hey samsung, listen your users and update LoD. 

Ok S6 is still nice but I need LoD for my work. I don't want to buy surface or similar...

Long term samsung user but no .... Sooooo dispointed. 

SoraNoKuni
First Poster
Options
I am pretty sure the tab s6 will get LoD support, why put it on your lite non flagship tablet and ignore the big boy.
It's a rather stupid decision which could lead to lost sales of the S6, not many, but still that's how a company builds trust with its userbase.
I expect around november.
aaylnx
Student
Options

I certainly hope you are right.  I've purchased the S6 and quite like it, but was really hoping to be able to run Linux on it.  

What is the best way to make our desire for LoD for the S6 known to Samsung?  That's the main question I have.

kboczon_
First Poster
Options

Hey Samsung, Similarly to a few other people I purchased a Tab S6 primarily to run LoD. Without Linux on Dex, I don't have any reason to keep this tablet. I don't need Snapdragon 855 and 8GB Ram to run Skype, email clients, and Netflix. I wound never expect that Tab S6 will not have LoD if Dex was so heavily advertised.
I will be returning Tab S6 if LoD will not be available soon or I will not see an official update providing availability info. In the same time, I will repurchase when LoD become available, or you will provide availability date for LoD

harrykl
Student
Options

Samsung, you could have a unique selling point for your high speced expensive devices The Note 10+ and the Tab S6. Why trowing it away?Im not so sure if Samsung is on the rightr track (headphone jack, LoD etc.).  My next tablet should be a Microsoft Surface. It would be nice  to get either a road map or tell your customers if the project is on ice indefinitely. If it is no longer persued, it would make sense to make it at least open source, so that others can pick up the ball.

Tiredenzo
Apprentice
Options

+1 really need that otherwise that tablet looses all it's magic...

if samsung does nothing ill have to root this s**t up 😞

mapusik
First Poster
Options

Я никогда не ожидал, что у Tab S6 не будет LoD, если Dex был так сильно рекламирован.

abun880007
Explorer
Options

think we need to wait for Samsung to add support for Note 10 and Tab S6. I am sure they will add it just like they had to add support for S10 range. It might come with the Android 10 update

0 Likes
benjaminbellamy
First Poster
Options
I just received that email:

"End of Linux on DeX Beta

Thank you for supporting Linux on DeX Beta. The development of Linux on DeX was all thanks to customer interest and valuable feedback. Unfortunately, we are announcing the end of our beta program, and will no longer provide support on future OS and device releases.

NOTE — Linux on DeX will not be supported on Android 10 Beta. Once you update your device to Android OS 10, you will not be able to perform a version rollback to Android Pie. If you decide to update your device to Android 10 Beta, we recommend backing up data before updating.
Thank you,
The Linux on DeX Team"

Not looking good… 😞
0 Likes