Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung keyboard issues

(Topic created on: 21-05-2020 08:37 AM)
hellsbells2
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

My S10 had an update in April 2020 which updated the Samsung keyboard, and then completely ruined the predictive texting and it's almost impossible to type without having to hold down every single letter to type a word. I've followed all the suggestions of clearing the cache and data from the app and resetting it, but within a few days or as soon as my phone turns off, it's back to square one but worse and have to do it all again! Is it even worth having a phone that you can't use to write a single thing? I hope Samsung have plans to pick this up as a serious issue and remedy asap.

7 REPLIES 7
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi @hellsbells2, can you try this as a work around: Settings > General Management > Language and Input > On-Screen keyboard > Samsung Keyboard > Language and Types > Manage Input Languages > Download English US/toggle on English US > Toggle off English UK. Hope this helps.
JenoSoltesz
First Poster
Options

i have the same problem (s10+), since the last upgrade its a nightmare to write something down swiping. I have 2 languages installed and it gives predictions from both languages regardless which one is active. (Usually gives me the opposite what i want) seems like it made a big dictionary from 2 languages with words missing. Before that was working perfect

Ps:

Another annoying thing is when i get the word wrong, not completely just like the last two letters messed up, and I want to delete the last two letters I used to tap the end of the word to unselect the whole word and just delete the last two.  Now I can't do that because it doesn't unselect the word, either delete the whole word or have to tap somewhere else in the text and go back. Doing that with every second word is utterly inconvenient. 

hellsbells2
Apprentice
Options

Will try now as restarted phone and it's gone again. Whoever caused this should be fired and Samsung should be fixing it. Paying a lot of money for unusable phone 

0 Likes
hellsbells2
Apprentice
Options

Sorry, that didn't work either, made it worse. I have to go into Samsung keyboard, about keyboard, click the 'i' in the top right corner and then clear and delete the cache and files so it deletes all my remembered words, and then have to reset the keyboard back to 3x4 and start all over again till my phone turns off again. I've got a software update to run today and no doubt that will throw it out again. 

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Thanks for trying that. I'd recommend waiting to see if the software update fixes this issue. Also, are you now using Samsung US English as a fix for now?

hellsbells2
Apprentice
Options

No, had to switch back to UK English. The US English didn't work.

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Were you able to update the phone's software? Did it help? 

0 Likes