Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Internet homepage keeps changing

(Topic created on: 21-04-2022 09:55 AM)
RichHaynes
Explorer
Options
I have set my homepage on Samsung Internet to load Quick Access as I like the bookmark tiles it offers. This seems to stick for a while but then randomly it will change back to the Default (google.co.uk). This is getting very frustrating because I cannot find a root cause. There is no blatant trigger for the change which means I can't reliably reproduce it. 

Does anyone else have this issue? Is it an issue known by Samsung thats awaiting a fix?
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
One possible cause maybe
If you tap and hold on the homescreen
Top on wallpaper and style
Lock screen and wallpaper services
Just see if the None is selected
0 Likes
RichHaynes
Explorer
Options
I have Samsung Global Goals switched on (only for lock screen). I can switch it off to test but long term, I want to keep it on. The quotes are inspiring!

Out of interest, how does wallpaper services affect the browser homepage though? Why would the global goals service set Google as the homepage and not the UN SDG website?

This issue never occurred before my update to v16.2.5.4 (I jumped from v15 to v16 quite late). The only settings I changed after the update was the homepage to quick access, address bar position to bottom and turned on secure connection in labs. The other two settings are unaffected. Its just the homepage. I wish I could replicate but it hasn't changed to Google since my initial post.
0 Likes
RichHaynes
Explorer
Options
So since I've posted this, the issue hasn't reoccurred and I haven't updated Samsung Internet either. Not sure what has happened. Does anyone know if other apps can set the homepage like on other OSes? I do t believe so but its wise to ask the question just in case.
0 Likes