Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Heath Innovations?

(Topic created on: 30-09-2019 05:33 PM)
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Whilst speculative, word that a patent was issued on 26 September  describing  a smartphone with an IR spectrometer, or an infrared spectrometer.

"It is a utility patent in which it is technically described how a smartphone can serve as a spectrometer. The rear of the device is provided with a series of light sources at the height of the camera system. These light sources are visualized to the left of the camera system in the patent illustrations and in the product renders designed by LetsGoDigital.

The user must point the Samsung smartphone towards the target object, for example a piece of fruit. The telephone then transmits electromagnetic waves to the object. This is infrared and visible light that is emitted through the light sources. The device then receives a reflective signal, based on which the spectral data can be generated"  

Therefore it would be possible to  gauge whether skin is sufficiently moist as well as meaasuring Heart/stress rate,nutritional values ​​such as fat, protein and carbohydrates.      A Brave  New world could well await, though cannot be sure of timescale at this point.

Some more  information here https://nl.letsgodigital.org/smartphones/samsung-galaxy-s11-spectrometer-smartphone/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

2 REPLIES 2
AntS
Options

Fascinating. Docs speculated that dryness of skin was a contributing factor to my recent excema flare-up, so would be good if there was some way of easily monitoring that on a day-to-day basis.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@AntS wrote:

Fascinating. Docs speculated that dryness of skin was a contributing factor to my recent excema flare-up, so would be good if there was some way of easily monitoring that on a day-to-day basis.

@AntS   Yes would be amazing if tech monitoring was available in the near future.   Hope your excema is not too troublesome, think I was only really bothered by it in my younger days :smiling-face:

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes