Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Health stops tracking steps when I lock the screen.

(Topic created on: 09-09-2022 02:34 AM)
david_kepler
First Poster
Options

Hi.

While Samsung Health is tracking my running or walking, if I lock my screen, it stops tracking almost half a minute later.

How do I fix this?

Other 3rd party tracking apps don't do this.

The Smartphone I'm using is Samsung A51 with the latest software One UI 4.1.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
kamil40013
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@david_kepler, Hello. Maybe you have active power saving mode ? If yes, please turn it off. You can also apply below setting:

Settings --> Apps --> Samsung Health --> Battery --> set Unrestricted

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
kamil40013
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@david_kepler, Hello. Maybe you have active power saving mode ? If yes, please turn it off. You can also apply below setting:

Settings --> Apps --> Samsung Health --> Battery --> set Unrestricted

AndrewL
Options

@david_kepler: If you follow the steps above by @kamil40013 (Settings > Apps > Samsung Health > Battery) then please make sure that 'Allow background activity' is also toggled on.

Xyloz-Quin
Student
Options
Hi Dev here,

Sometimes the obvious problem is overlooked, if it's a Location problem, Check the Location Settings...

This problem, I believe is because of the APP on both the Watch and Phone and it's location settings limitations.

I have a Samgung Galaxy Watch5 Pro LTE full spec latest model fully updated.
Samsung S21+ also fully updated

Settings - Location - App Permissions

Samsung Health is under "Allow only when using the App" upgrading it to "Always" should fix the issue... but it's not an option. 🤯

Google Fit - "Always" is an option so I would install that and use that to track your walks or workouts until Samsung gets thier act together.

Basically whenever the watch idles it will drop location and if your phone idles and locks it will drop the location and connection to the app and your jog will show you ran in a straight line through peoples homes xD.

Samsung why are your own apps a joke 🤣

Sort it out. 🤡Screenshot_20230215_092054_Permission controller.jpgScreenshot_20230215_092125_Permission controller.jpg