Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung health + pixel 5

(Topic created on: 19-11-2020 10:54 AM)
andrerigon
Student
Options

Hi,

I recently got a Google Pixel 5 phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy watch and the watch app works as expected. But the samsung healh app doesn't: I try to login and it gets into a loop with a spinner loading forever. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

André

Go to solution
17 REPLIES 17
swishmer4
Apprentice
Options

Thanks. Worked for me 

EHud11
Apprentice
Options

thank you so much. Installing the older version completely did the trick and I'm happy to say that everything's back on track now.

Brooks1
First Poster
Options

Having this same issue on my Pixel 3a XL. I have a new Galaxy Active 2 and I am new to this Samsung Health App. When I try to download this older version I get a warning message "This type of file can harm your device. Do you want to keep Samsung Health_v6.8.5.009_apkpur.com.apk anyway?" Is it safe to select OK? These types of messages make me a little nervous as I don't want this to cause other issues with my phone. Thanks!

0 Likes
jen-nifernicole
Student
Options

Yeah it's safe, I know it looks kinda sketch but it's fine! That's the site I used a couple days ago and everything has been fine with my phone. Not all apks are 100% safe but this one is just the original app from a different source 🙂

0 Likes
Brooks1
First Poster
Options

UPDATE: I was able to install - Thank you!!

Just tried to install this version and my Pixel 3a XL, but got a message "For your security your phone is not allowed to install unknown apps from this source." This is so frustrating. I wish i could at least view Samsung Health on a PC or Chromebook, but I have been unable to find a way to do that either. I have used Strava and Garmin Connect for years and find it very disappointing trying to use Samsung Health. It is giving me second thoughts on my new Galaxy Active 2. I love the watch, but this all seems very limiting for a sport type smartwatch.

0 Likes
mickeybobs
Student
Options

I don't have this button either.

0 Likes
PsiDoc
Student
Options

Go into Files and install from there.  You'll get the same message and a prompt to allow installs from unknown sources using the Files App.  Proceed with the install from there. 

0 Likes
PsiDoc
Student
Options

You'll need to update the Samsung Health App if you want to share data through Health Connect to get it into Google Fit

0 Likes