Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health permissions

(Topic created on: 12-04-2021 09:09 AM)
DaveLorde
Explorer
Options
When I open my Health app, it says the privacy notice has been updated and displays a 'Continue' button. When I press it I get a message "To use this feature, you need to allow permission in settings", but it doesn't say what permission it needs...

What new permissions does the app need?
33 REPLIES 33
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @DaveLorde ,

this may vary depending on the feature that you would like to use:

- Phone : Used to confirm your phone number for Samsung Health Together
- Location : Your location data is collected when you are using the exercises tracker and the steps tracker.
- Body Sensors : Used to measure heart rate, oxygen saturation, and stress.
- Storage : You can import/export your exercise data, save exercise photos, save/load food photos, and upload photos saved while receiving a telehealth service. (Available in some countries only)
- Contacts : Used to check if you're signed in to your Samsung account.
- Camera : When you add a friend using the Together feature, you can use the camera to scan a QR code, take photos of foods, recognize numbers on a blood glucose meter/blood pressure monitor. (Available in some countries only)
- Physical activity : Used to count your steps and detect workouts.

DaveLorde
Explorer
Options
Hi @TessM,
Thanks for the quick response.
It was fine with whatever permissions it had before, I haven't changed the way I use it - this privacy conditions notification and permissions request just appeared when I opened it this morning.
I suppose I'll just have to try them one by one until it lets me back in...
Forzabox7154_SM
Pioneer
Options
A recent update forces the "phone" permission

Screenshot_20210414-122035_Permission controller.jpg

DaveLorde
Explorer
Options
Thanks @Picminfake, I got there in the end 😉

I don't see myself using this permission... It would be far better, IMO, if they only asked for specific permissions when you try to do something that requires it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SCpalmetto
First Poster
Options

After the update, Samsung Health will require you to allow the permissions it needs to access the application.

However, after opening the Samsung Health application you can then go into your phone settings, apps and then tap on Samsung Health to turn off any permissions for the Samsung Health application. 

A Cauldren
First Poster
Options

THIS worked (going back in and removing the additional permisssions)... thanks all! :smiling-face:

DaveLorde
Explorer
Options
@SCpalmetto - thanks for that!
MuratOgut
Student
Options

Thank you for this topic. My mother always uses this Samsung Health just to count her steps. She is very very very very bad at technology and getting worse with each year. She asks everything about the phone to me everyday. But for this problem, even me, a IT graduate couldn't solve this problem. Thanks to the Samsung, "To use this feature, you need to allow permission in settings" message is not helpful to understand what we will do in the settings. And I didn't want to give "Phone Permisson" just because an unnecessary update to a step counter app. But thanks to this topic, I see Samsung forces us to give this permission. And then, I see Samsung also forces us to use two-step verification, just to use a step counter app. It is really thoughtless act to complicate this procedure. I know Samsung developers don't care, and won't be. But I still wanted to complain about this stupid update. Not everyone using Samsung Health is professional internet user, and these procedures could be (COULD BE) made easier for old people. But hey, it is Samsung after all...

MuratOgut
Student
Options

Thank you for this message.