Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Health not tracking workout distance after September Update

(Topic created on: 17-06-2020 09:22 PM)
VuYeK
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I have problem with my Galaxy S9 and Samsung Health app. After last app update (this which includes these horrible notifications) application aren't tracking distance in workouts. I'm using rollerskating workout and until this update everything worked fine. I have tried other workouts and walking or running are working properly with distance counting, but other workouts (I have checked ~5 other) are counting time, kcal, map is recorded correctly but distance is always 0.0km.

Don't use standard replies please. I have cleared app data, uninstalled, cleared cache in bootloader and installed again without success - still same problem. It's app problem after some of september updates.

27 REPLIES 27
Ascx
Apprentice
Options

Thank you!

I have enabled "Location information" and the app on my phone finally was able to detect gps and start tracking distance!

I am going to check it tomorrow =DDD

0 Likes
Sedsamu
Explorer
Options
That is great to hear pal!! Happy tracking!

0 Likes
rizzodnl
Apprentice
Options

Hi i have the same problem on S8 and Galaxy Watch. Gps works with running but not with cyclism. Someone have news or knows how to fix?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Spoon82
First Poster
Options
when mine auto tracks my walks and runs they show are auto recorded but they aren't all included in the total weekly.
similarly if I try to track a hike it pauses every couple of minutes.
problem only started with the latest updates
0 Likes
Shashi
First Poster
Options

Power mode also matters.

0 Likes
Members_zXHSn27
First Poster
Options

My Samsung S20 has this problem too. The health app worked OK then an update occurred, now when I use it it says 0 km with the time of the workout, cycling, running or walking.  Steps still show but nothing for distance in the health app for workouts (steps does though). Someone said check health settings for location. I did this using the gear icon, searched for health and saw the app . I have 'notifications' blocked and in 'permissions' the location feature is set to 'allow only while using the app'.  Anyone know of a fix for this annoying disability ?    

0 Likes
memman
First Poster
Options

Ever since the last Android OS push cam down mine quit tracking properly also.  I have a S10 5G.  It also seems the GPS was affected also.  I was in open sky, should have been able to see the satellites but it reported weak signal.

0 Likes
sonuk
First Poster
Options

I have the same problems with my S10 (4G).  I thought I was going crazy.  My phone had fallen on the sidewalk a couple times recently, so I thought it might have been damaged.  I first noticed a problem about a month ago when I resumed biking after 10 months, and S-Health logged the time but only a fraction of the entire route.  Suspecting something was wrong I used it for walks, and it again logged the time but not the entire route.  For both biking and walking it would spontaneously auto-pause but not auto-resume and hence fail to log the entire route.  For comparison I also used Under Armour's MapMyWalk which worked perfectly.  Upon hearing it auto-pause I'd take it out of my pocket and unlock the screen and most times it would auto-resume.  If I did nothing it would not auto-resume.  

Recalibrating the GPS didn't help.  Permissions, location, and power settings all looked good.

The visual evidence that Samsung Health's GPS is not working is when you select an activity like walking and the current location icon appears on a map.  It has a little triangle which should point in the same compass direction as the phone.  The triangle is unstable and continuously changes directions.  On MapMyWalk it is perfectly stable.

I hope Samsung fixes this problem because I like the S-Health program.  It worked perfectly for my bike rides and walks in the summer of 2020.

I have S-Health v6.18.6.015.

0 Likes