Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung health monitor still not available in Luxembourg

(Topic created on: 22-04-2021 09:16 PM)
Members_2UC79kd
First Poster
Options

Hi

I found an article stating that the Samsung Health Monitor app will be available in Europe from 4th of February onwards.

In the list of european countries, the article didn't mention Luxembourg and indeedI can not get the App to work (not available in your region)

Do you know when this will be fixed?

Kind regards

6 REPLIES 6
Members_ue0mx6Z
First Poster
Options

Still no news on this topic?

This was my last samsung product, because it feels like they screwed me. I needed a blood pressure tool, so i went for a watch3 in stead of my galaxy watch... what a dissapointment

Members_b2igEM1
First Poster
Options

you are right it's a shame

Members_drjsKvB
Student
Options

I have the same question: just got my Samsung Watch 4, and surprise! Some of the most important functions I was buying it for can't be used (not available in your region)! What's the catch? Are there any workarounds, alternatives? Thank you.

yuli1
Student
Options

Same issue in August 2022, unable to use the Health Monitor. Will Samsung reimburse the watch as we can make use of the full set of functionalities, and this restriction is not mentioned during the purchase! My husband just bought a withings to get the ECG and it works, as simple as that ! He saw all the troubles to install the different apps (wear, health - the samsung Q&A did not provide the good hint, heath monitor) ending with no service

0 Likes
yuli1
Student
Options

I just contacted the helpdesk on this issue. The answer is: the issue is reported and they are working on it. When I tell them the issue was reported in this blog a year and half ago, the reply is that it's a distinct issue as it is not a report to the helpdesk. The helpdesk is unable to say when (and if) it will be available for LU residents. My conclusion is Samsung is aware but has no hurry, does it mean that LU is too small (is it a hint to the high market share of Apple here?) or too slow (I hope they are faster on security breaches)?
Then the helpdesk does not want to provide feedback to individual requests, when I ask them to come back to me on the samsung plan to resolve this OLD matter.
The helpdesk is also unable to clarify the kind of issue, which is hard to understand as LU is as technically advanced as their neighbouring countries, with a real regulatory and certification process.
According to the helpdesk, I could ask to refund my watch (but of course, it depends on the conditions set by the seller...easy for Samsung) as what I bought does nor correspond to what i have and what i can actually use, especially as LU depends on BE in the samsung environment. so a buyer could also easily be  mislead when BE is listed in the countries where Monitor is available and the seller did not specifically mentioned the local unavailability. It is the duty of the seller AND of samsung to clearly state that some functionalities are not available (it's a scam, same as if I buy a car with aircon panel and buttons, which physically work but do not provide temperature changes).
Request: When will Samsung provide Monitor to LU (i.e. the entire EU)?

0 Likes
Members_9BhEklK
First Poster
Options

SOLVED! I had the same problem - just bought a Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro and was very unpleasantly surprised to discover that Health Monitor is not working in Luxembourg.

However, I found a very simple solution. Since the app is working in Belgium (and Germany, and France), and the phone uses the current mobile network to determine the location, I just went across the boarder to Belgium, let my phone connect to one of the Belgian mobile networks, and voila! - Samsung Health Monitor immediately started working. I calibrated the blood pressure monitor, tried the ECG, everything worked.

What is better - it continued working even after my return to Luxembourg and even after restarting the phone and the app. Somehow it seems that once you have activated the app, it remains active whatever the mobile network.

Well, I cannot exclude that one day it will stop working again but then it is just the matter of going to Belgium/France/Germany again and reactivating.

And, of course, it shouldn't be like that - this apps should be working in Luxembourg as well, and I hope it will be done sooner rather than later, but for now at least my Samsung Watch is fully functional even without this.

0 Likes