Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health drains battery

(Topic created on: 14-09-2021 07:03 PM)
ShaatLa
Journeyman
Options

I saw several same problems in other topics, but I'm sure that the problem is in the app. I tried to use previous version and everything works fine no any draining at all. I think it started from version which were released before 15.04.21.

Now I cannot use my new Galaxy Watch 4 properly (it needs last version of the app), because the app drains half of the phone's battery during a day.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Tony_B
Pioneer
Options

My Watch 3 was giving me about 2.5 days per charge, but now I am lucky to get 24 hours, and Samsung Health (on my S8+) is consuming 40-50% of the battery according to the Gear app.

This has only happened over the last week or 10 days, so has the App been updated recently to cause this excessive drain?

I am going to switch of my S8 to see if this makes a difference.

0 Likes
Tony_B
Pioneer
Options

I have spent the day with my S8 in "Airplane" mode (from about 08:30), but with WiFi on.  So no Bluetooth connection.

Firstly - Watch3 battery is right back to normal.  In 15 hours it has dropped from 100% to 76%.  

Secondly - some, of the watch data seems to be getting to the S8 - by wifi?  HR syncing stopped at 12:24 today.  Stress was also synced up to the same time.

Strange.

But - Samsung Health and BT are killing the Watch 3's battery.

Sort it Samsung!

0 Likes