Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung health Calerie Counter

(Topic created on: 18-04-2021 09:49 PM)
LilJames
Student
Options
Will samsing health be getting a calories counter with a wider selection of foods to search?
My partner and I use Hello fresh food delivery and this is very limited on the Samsung health search bar.
Also a bar code scanner would also be very useful to quick add items of food to the calerie daily recorder. 
4 REPLIES 4
Trouble85
First Poster
Options

Yes, I totally agree with you. Bar code scanner would be brilliant, it saves time and it just so much easier. I know a lot of other competitor brands have a bar code scanner and calories counted and burned information. I'm actually quite shocked that Samsung health doesn't have this on its app, considering as I'd rate Samsung as one of the best brands for technology. I've been looking at buying a galaxy watch 3 to help with my fitness & weight loss but without the calorie counter  and burned information I really don't see the point, especially when there are a lot of other brands that do have them with their watches for a lot cheaper in price. Even if it's not 100% accurate, it really helps to keep ppl on track with their goals.

Tom Weight Lifter
First Poster
Options

How about being able to insert "snack" events as needed for protein  meals?   Hard coded isn't to nice and primitive development.

0 Likes
Saderic73
Journeyman
Options
You've probably figured this out by now, I've just started using the Lifesum app which has a barcode scanner for logging food and it also syncs your tracked food with your food diary in Samsung Health 👍 👍 👍
0 Likes
mkwx
First Poster
Options

Any news of barcode scanner being made available, the previous poster mentioned using the Lifesum app, but this requires yet another logon with another provider,  surely it makes more sense for Samsung just to extend the existing Samsung Health app to support this request.

0 Likes