Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health app

(Topic created on: 13-08-2021 02:47 PM)
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
I set up my watch to measure blood oxygen during sleep, and I'm wearing the watch as you normally would, but for the past few days, the app on my phone says that no readings were recorded during sleep. I've cleared the app cache, and reset the watch, as well as cleaning the sensor on the back of the watch. Any suggestions what else to try, anybody? 
16 REPLIES 16
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Steven9761 ,

I would love to have a look at this with you. can you confirm what phone are you using and if the phone and watch software are up to date? You can check if there are any pending updates for your work from the watch itself by heading into the Settings> General> Watch software or from the Samsung Wearable app.

Can I also ask if this app is up to date too? Have you made any changes to the phone or watch since that started to happen? 

0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi, Tess!!.. I'm using the Note9, which is up to date, firmware-wise. The watch is also up to date, as is the Samsung Health app on the phone, and all apps on the watch. No changes have been made to either device, other than the usual updates. Strangely, the watch is able to measure my blood oxygen level when I'm awake. I have (as far as I can tell) not died in my sleep. 😁

* I just had a thought... my Note 9 is set on DO NOT DISTURB from 22.00 until 07.00, daily. You don't think that has anything to do with it, do you?
0 Likes
mb2706
Pioneer
Options
I noticed this for the first time yesterday, set to on last night and recorded nothing, does it only work with certain watches? I have galaxy watch active and note 10+ 5g
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
As far as I can tell, it should work on all watches. It should certainly work on mine, since it can record my SpO2 during the day. Tonight, I'm gonna override the DND settings, to see what happens.
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Doesn't work for me either. S21 Ultra, Galaxy Watch 3 all up to date as is the app.
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Switching off DND didn't work, either. From further investigation, it appears that, although I have watch widgets that monitor my heart rate, stress, etc, there in no specific app separately monitoring my SpO2! In the SH phone app, this measurement is integrated with simultaneously measuring heart rate, stress, and SpO2. I can only conclude that this lack of ability to measure my SpO2 during sleep is a glaring omission by Samsung. This should be investigated as a matter of urgency. If a watch widget could measure and communicate that info to the SH phone app, I could then see if there were ways to improve my SpO2 levels during sleep, by changing my sleeping position, bed temperature, sleep routine, etc. Like I said earlier, I don't die in my sleep every night, so why stop monitoring such an important bodily function while I am actually sleeping??
0 Likes
Surf X
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. Measure blood oxygen manually (and ecg) work just fine but always says "no data" for during sleep. 

UK, Galaxy Watch 3, A32 5g Phone.

0 Likes
rlm
Journeyman
Options
Same issue here. UK, Galaxy Watch 3, Note 20 Ultra, all firmware and software up-to-date.
I assume that it is only meant for the Watch 4, or it requires a firmware update that hasn't been released yet.
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
I've given up looking for answers on this. At least if I die in my sleep, the doctors cannot list cause of death as lack of oxygen, since there will be no recorded evidence. Thanks, Samsung!!... I think. 🤣🤣🤣
0 Likes