Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health app step counter not showing new watch only

(Topic created on: 10-09-2020 10:26 PM)
Cscott0108
Apprentice
Options

So for the longest time I have had a Samsung Gear S2 watch. Recently, and by "recently" this was last February, I bought the 42 mm Galaxy Watch and got it all setup and switched to the new watch and completely removed the Gear S2. Since then my step counter has had an issue. I can select "All Steps" and it shows the steps from my phone and Galaxy Watch. Just the Mobile device which shows my steps according to the phone itself and the option for my old watch Gear S2. If I select the 3rd option it shows no steps. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall shealth but the S2 still shows as recent thought it doesn't exist at all in the phone. Any idea how to get this corrected?

I have also removed and reset up my watch recently due to other issues which ended up having to send into Samsung repair team for mobo replacement. I hoped this would have fixed it but it did not. I then attempted to remove shealth with same behavior. Any help appreciated.

Edit: I recently bought a new phone and once I had set it up and got it the way I likedit, I launched Samsung Health. Once it was synced, The old S2 was there and not my new one. Would like help.

15 REPLIES 15
Cscott0108
Apprentice
Options

Bumping this up due to the new edits of the new phone.

lcolbyjr
Student
Options

I'm having the same issue. Samsung health is still showing My old S2 watch.

jsmith21896
Student
Options

I'm having the same problem. I have cleared the data on both Samsung health and galaxy wearable apps with no luck. Using s10e. 

Lazareth78
Explorer
Options

Hi everyone,

Did anyone find out how to fix the problem? Removing a old Watch and replacing it with a new one on Samsung Health?

holiday88
First Poster
Options

having the same problem, old gear is showing up instead

Cscott0108
Apprentice
Options

Nope... Still kinda twiddling thumbs and waiting on a solution or fix.

boomya_db
Student
Options

I have the same problem and could not find any way to fix it. 

On the phone, if I select:

1. All steps I can select Galaxy S10+ and Gear 3 = my steps are always through the roof because I usually have both devices with me.
2. Mobile Phone, than I miss all my steps I take when exercising with the watch on phone.
3. Gear Devices:  that just shows Gear S2 (my old watch) with 0 steps.

At this point I am so annoyed that I am planning to switch to apple. I never thought I'd say this for the last 10 years, but not sure about Samsung atm.

poddlepod
First Poster
Options

I found the solution! Took some digging but it's not an obvious one.

In the Samsung Health App > Home Tab > Click on Steps > Click the three Dots on top right > Select step data to show > Click Mobile phone only > Click the three Dots on top right > Pause step Counting > Click Select step data to show > click it back to all steps again. Even though it says counts both from the watch and phone, it will only count the steps on the watch since you paused the counting of steps on the phone. 

0 Likes
Cscott0108
Apprentice
Options

Hi Poddlepod,

Thanks for the this, but since this is tricking the device its not really a solution, just a work-around. This will help in the short term but I'd really like to see a long term fix for this by the Samsung team. 

0 Likes