Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung health app recorded my run as a walk

(Topic created on: 26-07-2022 08:01 PM)
michelleyyy
First Poster
Options
My app recorded my run as a walk this morning... 

Is there a way I can edit this? I'm on a pretty strict regime at the moment so accuracy is pretty important! I only seem to be getting the option to delete it. 

Any ideas why this has happened and if I can change it?
5 REPLIES 5
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
This is my biggest concern going from Garmin to Galaxy in August,
Galaxy is a fantastic Smart watch but nowhere closer to a sport watch, so it's a compromise in my decision

In your case, did you have your GPS on? And automatic activity recognition off, apparently Galaxy watch go mentally crazy 😁.. When Automatic recognition is on
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@michelleyyy: Please can you confirm the model number of the device you're capturing your workout data on? In the meantime, please try manually starting your workout to ensure that the data is recorded in the correct category.

0 Likes
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
In other words, kind of turning off automatic detection off? It has been mentioned in many places Galaxy watch and Automatic recognition are not the best friends. 😁
0 Likes
jackjc
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue on my Watch4 SM-R865U syncs to S21+. Health app is changing my exercise type that I manually started as "Running" to "Walking", not the most encouraging coach.

I am a constant software updater -- and this issue started for me between Jul 18, and Jul 20. My use case that has worked for years of galaxy watches, is auto-detect enabled, then manually start a running event. I guess I will try to debug that an auto-detected walk is not in progress already, and then try disabling auto-detect.

0 Likes
Marty51
First Poster
Options

My Galaxy Watch 4 Classic, when manually starting running or walking, it is recording the opposite excerise. Just started doing this in the last week or two.

0 Likes