Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health App: Not able to export GPX file for my swimming activities

(Topic created on: 23-03-2021 02:20 AM)
SimonR
Student
Options

Hi there,

I have no issue in exporting GPX file for my running activities and I can see the "Export GPX file" at the bottom of each of my running activities but when it comes to my swimming activities, I don't have this option and I am not sure why. Does anybody know how to export GPX file for swimming and what the issue is? 

I appreciate your help,

Simon

5 REPLIES 5
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@SimonR 

Hello

GPX file is a GPS data file saved in the GPS Exchange format, which is an open standard used by many GPS programs. It contains longitude and latitude location data that may include waypoints, routes, and tracks.

GPS isn't really required for swimming since you're on the same pool, hence no GPX file option.

😉🆗

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

SimonR
Student
Options

Thank you very much @blueberry_cheesecake ! It makes completly sense. Do you know then how I can export the swimming data so I can import it into Garmin Connect. I would like basically to import all my activities data into Garmin connect. 

Many thanks,

Simon 

0 Likes
Diogo Y F
First Poster
Options

I also would like to export the GPX file from swimming activities. I use a galaxy active 2 for open water swimming, it registers the map and everything, but no GPX export button available.

setabeog
First Poster
Options

This is not the case for open water swimming. And on Wear OS 3.0 Samsung Health app, you can't export a GPX for open water swimming. This is something I really need to make swim tracking on the Galaxy 4 useful

Dann3
Student
Options

I have the same issue. I have no problem to export walk or run, but I can't export in-line skating or cross country skiing.