Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health Alternatives after v6.11

(Topic created on: 12-08-2020 05:37 PM)
Breakthechains
Journeyman
Options

I have been doing a bit of research in regards to apps which can replace Samsung Health, now that it is completely unusable due to the update to v.6.11 which made a mockery of what the app used to be.

I am so annoyed that I can't even bear looking at the Samsung Health App. The replies that I got from the Samsung support were pre-formatted replies, which added insult to injury. I feel as if Samsung is doing everything to lose me as a customer and I am more than happy to oblige once I have looked into alternative hardware options. 

In the mean time, (while downloading an older Samsung Health App v.6.10 from an apk source) and disabling auto update I have been evaluating other apps. 

So far I have tried:

- My Fitness Pal (too cluttered) and full of adds (Pro Version is 59 US$)  

- MyNetDiary (okayinsh but you have to pay 59 US$) in order to synch it with steps in order to get similar usability as Samsung Health.

- Lose IT! (the best looking so far but Steps only count when signing up to Pro 39 US$) 

and a few others which were abysmal, so I won't even mention them. 

The first two (kind of) synch with Samsung Health directly

And Lose It! synchs via Google Fit. 

I require the Health Sync in order to get it synchronized to Google Fit. 

Has anyone found any android apps which can be used as an alternative to Samsung Health as I feel that it will be completely abandoned sooner rather than later. 

12 REPLIES 12
beryl8
Journeyman
Options
no
0 Likes
twiley2
Student
Options

Thanks for the info/idea.

Just reverted to V6.10.  I feel whole again!!

0 Likes
Breakthechains
Journeyman
Options

Just an update. After several days of research, I did the following:

Downloaded Samsung Health v.6.10 apk and removed the newer one. (disabled Auto Update) which is a pain as I have to manually update my apps. 

Installed Health Sync (It synchronizes from Samsung Health To Google Fit) around 5 A$ for the app.
Installed LoseIT! (synchronises from Google Fit to the app) and paid 1 year membership fee 46 A$ (some 25% special came up) 

it looks quite decent and I can access it from the web, Ipad and Android phone. (it all gets synched) I have included a screen shot. 

I hope that my little research helps other people out. 
Even if Samsung development reverses their brain-dead decision. Between this this Health app fiasco, premium pricing for their phones and under delivering (Exynos chip where I live) and the lack of customer care bordering on contempt, they have lost me as a customer. 

P.S. I posted the screenshots, as I had to register first (which I loathe) before using third party fitness apps. (5 registration later...)

Screenshot_20200812-024010_Lose It!.jpgScreenshot_20200812-024025_Lose It!.jpgScreenshot_20200812-024030_Lose It!.jpg

I would be interested to see what other solutions people found. 

Breakthechains
Journeyman
Options

I am pretty sure that some industrious app developer will take advantage of the vacuum and displeasure samsung created, but for the time being this will do. I just hate the fact that I had to pay to a third party to keep a feature that I got used to.   😑

Kurush
Apprentice
Options
I feel your pain. I'm so annoyed with Samsung for removing the weight management and as you mentioned responding with formatted answers. I am now using my fitness pal app and have had to pay for the pro. Samsung cannot not give me a clear answer as to why they have upgraded the app and removed this feature!!
twiley2
Student
Options

Yesterday I uninstalled V11 and installed V10 and disabled auto update.  Everything was fine until this morning.  V11 was back.  I again uninstalled V11 and installed V10 but now can't find where to disable auto update.  Can you help me?

0 Likes
Breakthechains
Journeyman
Options

You will need to disable the auto update feature of both Google Play Store and Galaxy Store.

Play Store App —> settings —> Auto-update Apps (don’t auto-update apps)

galaxy store app —> settings —> Auto update apps (never).

Unfortunately you will need to update all your other apps manually which is a drawback. 

0 Likes
Breakthechains
Journeyman
Options

See below:

0 Likes
MS80
First Poster
Options
how do you revert to an older version? I am lost without weight management atm... was doing so well on my fitness plan. very angry at samsung