Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Gallery Locations show are wrong

(Topic created on: 05-04-2021 08:03 PM)
neonfour
Pathfinder
Options

Enable location and turn on location tags in Camera. In Gallery do not agree to Foursquare T&Cs.

Take a photo and then view it n Gallery. Location shown as a street and post coode is wrong by up to anything upto 400m. View photo transferred from another phone. Location shown is also wrong.

Check photos in another gallery app. Locations shown are correct.

Phone is a Note 10 5G. Device and apps up to date.

17 REPLIES 17
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I get this also, seems to think I'm in the street behind me. I've set my own location in Samsung. But gallery still says different.
neonfour
Pathfinder
Options

Glad to see it's not just me then.

AndrewL
Options

If you head to Settings > Location > App Permissions > Gallery, and select 'Allow Only While Using The App', does this help at all? Also, go back to the Location Settings > Improve Accuracy > Select your preferred options > Back > Google Location Accuracy > On. 

0 Likes
neonfour
Pathfinder
Options

No. This has nothing to do with apps having or not having permission.  The gallery app is reading GPS locations from photos EXIF data and incorrectly interpreting that location into a street.

0 Likes
Anjikanji
First Poster
Options

I really hate this, all my photos are given as being at a house number 2 streets away on my Samsung S9!  Yet Google maps is ok on phone.

Aha!  phone came with gallery app and photos app.  Checked  on photos app and its accurate so will now delete the gallery app as all photos get stored in both.

UKSmeagal
Explorer
Options
Has this problem been solved yet?
0 Likes
kengosse
First Poster
Options

It has not been resolved yet. When I take photos using Google Camera at my desk at home, Samsung Gallery lists an address about three blocks northwest and a description which is a building at the high school a mile south of here. The GPS details are correct in the EXIF. I can view them on my phone using Solid Explorer or on my PC using IrfanView. Both of these apps allow me to open Google Maps or other map apps which show the photo location in the correct location in my house. I have manually edited the Location within Samsung Gallery but it always reverts to the wrong address and displays. Sometimes, on Google Maps, when I'm at home, my phone location is across the street or even a block away, but never at the address listed by Samsung Galaxy.

Members_583xsva
First Poster
Options

Very glad I found this thread. I assumed I'd done something wrong in setting up a new A53 5G and have wasted so much time resetting location services, recalibrating GPS etc etc. 

Using photos as a visual diary, it's hugely frustrating that the location is consistently off in Samsung Gallery. And defaults to street addresses for parks, open spaces etc which my previous phone always identified well.  Sorely regretting giving up on my S8 - not feeling the love for the A53 right now...

0 Likes
GAlexo
Student
Options

I have the same problem with my new exynos s22 ultra. Tried all the above. Gallery reverts to the wrong address every time. Pin location appears ok. 
Also noticed that when I use google maps, oral instructions of distances are off by 500m approx. However they are displayed correctly onscreen. 
Can these two glitches be related? What is happening Samsung?