Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Gallery & OneDrive not synching anymore

(Topic created on: 24-05-2020 09:00 AM)
DarkMatter
First Poster
Options

I have upgraded from an S9+ to an S20+ and I can no longer sync photos from the Samsung Gallery to OneDrive. If I look in the gallery app it says "can't sync data"
I have 900GB free on OneDrive and am saving to the phone's internal memory which also has lots of spare memory. I have tried a factory reset and clearing the Samsung cloud data. It will not sync the new photos I take in the gallery. It used to work before from my SD card but looks like support for that has stopped so I have moved storage back to my phone's internal memory.

I have tried logging a support call with Samsung but they just tried to fob me off and say the phone must be broken and wanted to get an Engineer out to look at it. I don't think it is a physical issue with the phone and is probably something easy enough to fix if you know what to look for.

Anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

It should work, also from SD memory card.

Please confirm all apps are updated in Play Store.

Sync of media files to OneDrive is in the OneDrive app (under 'Me' > settings) not in Gallery(!)

Android 10 changed the way apps access SD cards and other privacy settings. You may have to inspect and grant storage permission and more manually for each app.

https://developer.android.com/about/versions/10/privacy/changes

-- Hans

0 Likes
Me2345
First Poster
Options

I am having the exact same issue after upgrading to a Note 20 from a Note 9. Were you ever able to resolve it?

brunodelcol
First Poster
Options

Same problem here

0 Likes