Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy s10

(Topic created on: 25-11-2022 11:12 PM)
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
I purchased a Samsung galaxy S10 refurbished about 4 weeks ago but am unsure whether it is ok as when i charge it the mobile phone will gets quite hot or also when I am using it it can get quite hot. When I purchased my galaxy S7 refurbished in 2019 that never got hot when charging or using the phone, it started getting hot after I had had it over a year and I was told it was my battery. I am concerned that I have just purchased my galaxy s10 refurbished it has got hot from day one is this normal or should I contact the place where I purchased my s10 ?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
CLWalker
Journeyman
Options
That sounds very much like what happened to one of my mobile phones the galaxy note 7 that started getting really hot and I found out from a friend that the main chips in mobile phones are covered entirely in a heat resistant material and if you have been using your phone quite a lot especially on applications that use quite a lot of power then after a certain amount of time your phone could become what is known as thermally throttled which basically means the thermal coating covering the main chip has one too thin or has burnt too thin so as far as I can remember I think that sort of problem demands that you need a new phone And that sort of problem I don't think the place where you bought the phone would have known not unless they have been using that phone for a prolonged period of time and or using similar apps that may have caused it.
CLWalker
Journeyman
Options
Sorry to have been the bearer of bad news but like I said personally speaking that demands you buying a new phone but I think you would much rather find out now than further down the line wouldn't you. The phone that I mentioned my old galaxy note 7 I didn't have the money to get another phone when that was getting too hot even when I found out why it was getting too hot and I would say approximately about a month maybe a month and a half later the phone ran out of power so I plugged in the charger for 5 hours later it still wouldn't switch on and that I think now with down to it being thermally throttled
0 Likes
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
CLWalker
Thank you for your reply and that makes sense because when I first bought my refurbished galaxy S7 it never got hot until I had had the phone about a year then it started getting hot and people in mobile phone shops told me it was the battery and it would need a new one so when I purchased this galaxy s10 and it had been getting hot since I first had it. Samsung have told me it's normal, I have a 12 warranty on it and don't know whether to contact them about it.
0 Likes
CLWalker
Journeyman
Options
Sorry for my language but the stuff in the mobile mobile phone shop you are on about are full of ***** because if your mobile phone battery got as hot as what my galaxy note 7 did it would have exploded and I dare say the same would have happened to your phone if it was the battery and besides that if it was actually the battery then I'm afraid to say I personally don't think the battery or your phone will done allow you to charge them.
0 Likes
CLWalker
Journeyman
Options
And if you think the batteries for mobile phones used to be expensive years ago think what they cost to buy nowadays
0 Likes
CLWalker
Journeyman
Options
So by the sounds of it the mobile phone shop stuff wanted you to give them money for a new battery knowing full well that you would end up going back in however long later for a brand new device anyway they just used your moment of device witness against you or tried to.
0 Likes
CLWalker
Journeyman
Options
I know Samsung are meant to be the experts, especially on their own products but they are wrong because if it was normal it wouldn't be heating up that way and an electronic device heating up that way if you think about it is basically screaming out that it is working too hard or a part of it is working too hard and it is being stressed
0 Likes
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
That is what concerns me about the mobile phone because I don't believe it should be getting this hot because I am not a big user of the internet at all I use the internet about 2 times a week for a couple of hours
0 Likes
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
As I purchased it as a refurbished phone about 3 to 4 weeks ago and I am thinking about getting in touch with them and sending it back with the fault of it getting extremely hot
0 Likes