Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 512GB - NHS App does not work properly

(Topic created on: 11-07-2021 08:52 AM)
dannyodare
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Recently treated myself to the above phone, bought in the UK. However, just like my previous phone the Huawei P10 Lite, the NHS app does not work properly. I can download it fine, start the initial registration process - upload a picture of my passport - but when it comes the next phase of reading out 4 numbers with the camera/camcorder, it just does not happen. That is, the camcorder will not open within the NHS app like it should - therefore no good. I've gone through all the app settings giving permission to everything - but still no luck. I would like to get it working so I can easily prove I've had two vaccine jabs, without having to carrying an actual document (ie, Covid certificate or 'Covid Pass').

Any ideas?

Thanks,

DANNY 

6 REPLIES 6
Solution
KholaI
Options

Hey @dannyodare 

This sounds like an issue with the app, rather than the phone. Have you tried reaching out to the app developers, to see if they're able to assist you with this?

dannyodare
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have sent a message to the NHS app team.

Thanks,

DANNY

0 Likes
anamika
Student
Options
Hi Danny, did you get any response from them ? I have exact same problem when trying to prove id on the NHS app on my Galaxy Note9
0 Likes
Solution
dannyodare
Apprentice
Options

Hi Anamika,

Yes, I did. Here is the reply:

Thank you for contacting us with your issue.

There are a few things you can check which may help fix the problem you're experiencing. First of all, follow these instructions to give the NHS App permission to access your camera and microphone:

https://support.google.com/android/answer/9431959

Google Chrome is the main web browser for Android devices. Follow these instructions to make sure Chrome has access to your camera and microphone:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2693767

If neither of the above help you can try temporarily using the NHS App on an alternate device to complete your registration, or open the below link on an alternative device:

https://auth.login.nhs.uk/authorize?scope=openid%20nhs_app_credentials&client_id=nhs-online&redirect...

If you still experience any problems after trying the above, please make a note of exactly where the problem occurs and any error messages you see.

I'll try to open the link on my iPad (which I haven't used in ages). I'll let you know what happens.

DANNY

0 Likes
PeterInNorwich
First Poster
Options

They've perhaps made some improvements to Android version of the registration process for the NHS App - or at least to how it works with Firefox?

When previously failing to get it to work, and on trying again today, with my Samsung J5, I was having the same problem at the Video record and upload stage.

What worked for me was NOT using the "Camcorder" option to shoot and upload a video while reading out the 4 numbers, but instead to sidestep out of the process and shoot that as an ordinary video (once the numbers appeared), saving it to the phone.... and then to take the alternative option, "Files", and upload that file from the "Recent" list (having had a chance to make sure it complied with their rules etc!).

This went off every bit as smoothly as my previous attempts hadn't - and my video was verified very quickly.... indeed, my application was then approved within a couple of hours, so I've now been able to download my NHS COVID pass, in both its "UK" and "Travel" versions.

Hope that'll help someone!!
Peter

Members_QU5khc7
First Poster
Options

It did help - thank you.

0 Likes