Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A53 no app notification sounds after dnd disable

(Topic created on: 13-10-2022 09:53 AM)
MissLynne
Apprentice
Options

I hope there is someone who would be able to assist me with my brand new Galaxy A53 smartphone and watch.

I recently required the dnd function and after disabling/canceling the dnd, my phone does not give me any notifications (sounds) on apps. 

I have checked that all the apps in my phone have activated notification settings, but I've also noticed that when I receive a WhatsApp or email even my wearable doesn't vibrate as it did before the dnd activation.

I've done everything the community board suggested but to no avail.

As we do not have any specific Samsung stores to take my phone to, I'm relying on your assistance to fix my phone.

Thank you in advance

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@MissLynne hello,?did you try Reset accessibility settings?It is located in Settings/General management/Reset/Reset accessibility settings.You do not lose personal data.
If after performing this step the problem persists, perform Reset all settings from General administration. This will reset the settings of all apps and you will have to reconfigure. Try and comment, greetings.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
MissLynne
Apprentice
Options

@Ventor thank you for this. Unfortunately, after performing a Reset, I still had no sounds for notifications. After performing a Reset all, as you suggested I now receive NO notifications or notification sounds. It is also affecting my wearable. What can I do now?

Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@MissLynne Once the Reset all settings option is done, you must reconfigure the notifications of all apps.

0 Likes
MissLynne
Apprentice
Options

@Ventor Thanks, I've reconfigured the app settings and I'm still receiving no notifications (sounds) or vibrations on my wearable

Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@MissLynne Does your phone have multimedia sound? Or does the problem only persist with Notifications?

0 Likes
MissLynne
Apprentice
Options

My phone has multimedia sound and I get incoming call ringtones. The problem persists with App notifications and app notifications on my wearable

0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@MissLynne hello, check to have updated both your phone and your Watch. Restart both devices. If necessary, clear cache and data from the Galaxy Wearable app and pair the watch again. Greetings.

0 Likes
Feorr1
First Poster
Options

Did u ever figure this out as mine is doing the exact same thing 

0 Likes
Feorr1
First Poster
Options

for any one who makes it here  i was having the same issue and after running the diagnostics i found a possible cause after almost an hour of time 

1 open settings 

2 select notifications

3 open app notifications

4 find app called Samsung members and make sure it's turned on then open and make sure set to sound and vibration not silent 

mine was turned off somehow and that's all it was hope this helps 

0 Likes