Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung free

(Topic created on: 05-07-2021 03:55 PM)
Lizzie75
Apprentice
Options
Cannot access when I swipe right says you have to be over 14 years of age. If an update comes through will let me in.
49 REPLIES 49
Stretch1
First Poster
Options

Same problem - lame.

0 Likes
Don13
First Poster
Options

Does not work for me and my correct birthday is listed.  This app sucks!

0 Likes
SixtySomething
First Poster
Options

I have my age setup.  Won't let me in.  Says I have to be over 13.  I am over 60.

Members_xgd4mkD
First Poster
Options

Works a treat 

0 Likes
Samthesham
First Poster
Options

This app sucks big time.  I am 67, my DOB is correct in my Samsung acct, and yet this app tells me I cannot access it because I must be 13 years old.   Uninstalling.  Horrible user experience.  Way to go Samsung, you've just convinced me to buy a Pixel.

0 Likes
SteveAnderson
First Poster
Options

This is a definite bold BUG!

I am in Hong Kong and aged 66.  This is really a practical joke that this Samsung FREE said I must be 18 years old before I can "Read" this Taboola News.  Other than from the Samsung Android Device's account UI, I have also tried to vary my year of birth from 1954, 1955, 1956... all the way to 1973 directly in Samsung's Account Portal using my PC.  The changes were reflected on the Android's Samsung Account interface, yet the Samsung FREE still insists I "must be older than 18 years of age to view....."

Samsung's software engineers have NO EXCUSE on this silly bold bug!!!

0 Likes
SRMossy
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem today So frustrating!

0 Likes
Lollanna
First Poster
Options

My DOB has never changed, it is the correct one my account, since the inception, which is lengthy I have used Samsung phones for over 10 years, in my 50's so def over 14 lol!!! But this is a sudden issue, needs to be looked into more in depth, bcse I went into my account to refresh & still get the error

0 Likes
Sund
First Poster
Options

Hi! I'm having the same problem... My age is set to 1999 but it's still saying that i must be over the age of 13 to use Samsung Free. I was able to use it before so I'm not sure why it isn't working anymore... I reset my phone and was debating disconnecting my account and then reconnecting it.

0 Likes
Don13
First Poster
Options

Someone wrote earlier to go onto settings and clear the data from this app.  It works but after a while you have to repeat the process.  The people who put that age checking routine obviously didn't check the functionality...*****!

0 Likes