Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Finance

(Topic created on: 30-06-2022 07:43 PM)
loopylu_uk
Journeyman
Options
Anyone experienced issues with trying to buy through Samsung finance? 
I was really shocked at being refused today as I've never had finance issues previously (car, mortgage etc)
I checked the Trans Union website and even more concerned now that they are telling me they can't verify my identity from the basic application form, to provide me with a report. 
I'm really worried now😕 
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Sorry to hear your difficulties, did you contact Samsung directly and discuss the concerns?
0 Likes
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
My experience with them was slightly different, I used my computer and went through the buying process.. It kept on saying.. We are checking your details.. But never went through..
Then I used iPhone to buy S22 Ultra Samsung it went lightning fast 😂😂
loopylu_uk
Journeyman
Options
Yes but I was just signposted to the Trans Union website
0 Likes
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Don't leave it buddy, get to the bottom of it, as this might affect your future transactions.
ukgreg
First Poster
Options

Do you know if there's any way to find out why they have refused the financials? I think there's more than just "Declined", we, the customer, have the right to know exactly why they are refusing the finance. I know for sure that If a lender rejects your application, it's required under the Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA) to tell you the specific reasons your application was rejected or tell you that you have the right to learn the reasons if you ask within 60 days.

0 Likes
leebenjamin36
First Poster
Options

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with trying to buy through Samsung finance. It can be frustrating and concerning when you've never had finance issues before. It's understandable that you're worried, but don't worry, you're not alone. Sometimes, even with a good credit score, it can be difficult to get approved for financing. You may want to check your credit report and see if there's any inaccuracies or errors that could be impacting your credit score. If you're still having trouble, you may want to consider talking to a financial advisor like those at http://www.thefinitygroup.com, they will be able to help you understand your credit report and guide you in finding the best financial solution for you.

0 Likes
Shabba_2023
Student
Options
Hi all. I am having same issue. Never been declined finance in my life. I have a mortgage, 2x credit cards, 2 sim only deals and never missed any payments and for a simple S23 as was getting good trade in deal I was rejected at the end. Something very wrong how Samsung communicate with Trans Union as its clearly not working. My only question is it might be down to affordability. See when they ask you how much your mortgage payment is and how many dependants you have. This is where it messes up I believe??
0 Likes
loopylu_uk
Journeyman
Options
I resolved my issue. It was due to the fact SKY took their time cancelling my previous contract after I'd paid it off. So at the point I applied for the finance it looked like I was still in contract when I wasn't.
0 Likes