Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung email folder creation?

(Topic created on: 27-04-2021 08:18 PM)
George284
Apprentice
Options

I have a fairly new S20 5G phone and it seems that - unlike in older Samsung phones - there is no way to create your own folders within the Samsung email app. Could anyone either confirm or explain how, please?

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
George284
Apprentice
Options

Just to confirm: James, you have an S10 phone with Android 11 and email version 6.1.42.0 which offers the possibility of folder creation? And Pugs, you have an S10 as well with the same email version but without the folder creation possibility? Are you running Android 11, as well?

If this is the case, that truly defies logic. Which brings me to a closely related issue. In my experience, most hi-tech companies' customer support would have followed the ongoing discussions in their user communities so that by now they would have intercepted our dialogue and given a solid explanation/advice. Unfortunately this is not how Samsung operates. In my home country the chat or phone support to customers is restricted to very basics and sending an email might take a month or more to get an answer and still that may be good-for-nothing. So sad.

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
@George284
I have an S10 on Android 11 using email version 6.1.42.0 and cannot create new folders. My csc is BTU which is for the UK.

This one has me stumped.

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
@george 284
As an experiment I uninstalled and reinstalled the mail app and guess what? I can create new folders!
George284
Apprentice
Options

That's interesting. I'm afraid, however, that when uninstalling you lose whatever you have within the email app. You have to create your email account anew and what is saved is only the mails you may still download from the mail server.  E.g. the trash bin (which works as defacto archive for me...) will be emptied. Right??

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Pugs1957 @George284  Thought that might work  but possible drawbacks.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes it will only repopulate what is on the server but you can backup what is on your device to restore it after the reinstallation.
Members_pbpFnXr
First Poster
Options

I have this same problem with both phone A52 and brand new tab S8+. There is NO create folder option. Any ideas?  Both are Android 13

0 Likes