Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung email app

(Topic created on: 15-03-2022 06:33 PM)
Vasco363
Student
Options

The email app is really good compared to some of the play store alternatives and has features which I prefer over big budget apps like outlook.. But one thing is driving me nuts... I cannot designate an email as not junk or not spam so I repeatedly have to move to inbox.  I have tried marking as Vip but apart from filtering it to a folder it doesn't stop new mail from the Vip sender going to junk.. It happens most with my Msn address but it is not filtering as junk the way other apps filter the Msn mail... Any ideas on how I can tune the junk filter? 

5 REPLIES 5
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
Maybe try the Gmail app, unlike its name would suggest, you can add other emails like Outlook, Yahoo etc.
Sean03
Pathfinder
Options
Have you checked your Spam address list? It's accessible via the gear cog in the left-hand side menu, at the top right of that menu. Click through to that and you'll see a tab named Spam addresses on that screen. Click on it, if the MSN address it keeps filtering isn't on that list, then I'd double-check directly (via weblogin to MSN or the email provider you've linked the Samsung Email app to) to make sure the spam filters directly on your email account server aren't playing havoc with you.

I agree with you that Samsung Email is stunningly simple and elegant, when it's not giving you problems.
Kene87
Pathfinder
Options
I use spark email, clean and simple.
Vasco363
Student
Options
Will take a look at this.. I have tried other solutions so not looking to find another app if I can make this work... They all have niggles.. Especially with more than one email account.. As it is I keep my Google addresses seperate in Gmail app
0 Likes
Osoprimero
First Poster
Options

My email has been erratic since getting an A54.  It is only on sent emails being sidelined as "spam". The emails are not spam, easily sent from my laptop and through my providers webmail. The spam problem cropped up a month ago, went away, and started again this week.  The app is up to date.  My next phone will not be a Samsung if this persists.

0 Likes