Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Email app: read becomes unread

(Topic created on: 22-09-2020 08:20 PM)
Ottomatik15
Journeyman
Options

I am using the Samsung Email app (v. 6.1.21.2) on my Samsung s20 Ultra. Recently, it started marking ALL of my emails on any accounts that I have setup as Unread. I do a pretty good job deleting and marking them as read. I can't see a pattern because it does it to each account at different times. It'll pull up 10k emails worth as unread dating back to 2004. Any ideas on if this is a bug or if I have something wrong. I have it set up as imap for my Gmail accounts (all are Gmail accounts) 

16 REPLIES 16
Aj460
Apprentice
Options

i am having the same issue with my s10. App is all up to date. The issue has been going on for months now both with yahoo mail and gmail. 

0 Likes
Aj460
Apprentice
Options

BTW the weird thing is its only showing those emails as unread on the phone. If I open the web browser on a computer they are all still read.

Ottomatik15
Journeyman
Options

That's a good point. That is the same for me as well. Always shows and "changes" them to unread only via the Samsung Email app, but they are not marked as such via direct Gmail/Yahoo

0 Likes
Aj460
Apprentice
Options

SmartSelect_20200912-120145_Email.gif

 this is in real time right now. Its happening again.

Hugar
First Poster
Options

I have this issue too on my S10 for several weeks/months only on my Gmail account.

I now have this issue on my Hotmail and domain imap account.

Ottomatik15
Journeyman
Options

Well apparently throwing more money at Samsung didn't fix anything. Just bought the new Fold 2 and it's still happening on this device. I guess I have this "premier service" with the phone so I might try and see if I can get an answer there. I'll report back 

0 Likes
Solution
Ottomatik15
Journeyman
Options

UPDATE: took advantage of that premiere concierge service. Went through some stuff with them. Mark all email as read then power off device. Try booting into Recovery Mode and Wipe Cache Partition. Should only clear system cache and not offect personal data on phone. Did this yesterday and it's still holding strong with the emails not going back to Unread (usually only takes one refresh of the email for them all to come back for me previously). Give that a try and report back if it's helping anyone else. I'll keep you all updated if it breaks down on me. 

0 Likes