Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Cloud recover discontinued memo app data

(Topic created on: 18-04-2022 06:24 AM)
Vardenis
First Poster
Options

Greetings,

Recently my s6 phone broke and I upgraded to an a71. However, this new phone now has "samsung notes" instead of "memos" and subsequently I cannot restore 101 memos stored in my samsung cloud account.

What could I do in this situation?

Thanks.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Vardenis: In order to recover your Memos, please open the Samsung Notes app > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Tap the cog in the top right of the pop up window > Import Data > Memos - From Samsung Account. I hope this helps. 

SB417
First Poster
Options

Hi All,

Followed the steps outlined above.

The Notes app found 35 notes to import from my Samsung Account.

Samsung Cloud shows that I have 758 notes.

I am definitely missing notes.

Seems that the app programmers overlooked some detail, when designing the import feature.

How do I access the remaining notes?

Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------

SCREEN from Samsung Notes - Import

Screenshot_20200825-022938_Samsung_Notes[1].jpg

SCREEN from Samsung Cloud

samsung_cloud.png

0 Likes
Hallotoyou
First Poster
Options

This also happened to me, and I think it's because my phone went to sleep before the syncing process was over. I tried it again and babysat my phone through the process, making sure to tap the screen so it didn't go to sleep, and this time all my notes synced. Hope that helps, and good luck!

0 Likes
Amin Negahdar
Student
Options

I had 581 memos in my Samsung cloud but only 119 memos were available for being restore. After all, I get back all I want from stolen phone. Tnx from SAMSUNG 🙂😍

Az61
First Poster
Options

This was helpful, thanks very much.

However, it is only recovering 31 of my 78 memos and I noticed that it is only recovering memos prior to 2020. All my memos of 2020 and onward are not recovering.

Can you please help?

kjg7
Student
Options

Is there a way to download memos directly from my cloud account. I've attempted synching too many times and out of over 100 memos all I got were 49 and my previous s7 is too damaged to get each memo manually--the screen's completely blacked out after an unfortunate fall. 

0 Likes
kjg7
Student
Options

This didnt enable me to download all my memos. 

nealflSh
First Poster
Options
Same as above i thought everythi g was synced i have also lost photos aswell
moinoz
First Poster
Options

I am on the same boat. Accidently installed Memos (in the cloud though) and cant import to the newly installed Notes. 

0 Likes