Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Cloud Gallery Images/Videos Fail to Download to my PC

(Topic created on: 28-04-2020 10:57 PM)
Lewis_Tiburon
First Poster
Options

EDIT: Issue has resolved itself. I believe it was a problem with the Samsung Cloud servers.

So I have my S9 gallery backed up on the cloud, but to make room I need to move my Gallery items onto my PC drive. Problem is, the downloads generally fail. I can do individual image downloads, or small groups of images at a time, but almost every time I try to download a video or larger groups, it fails. Almost, because I did manage to get it to successfully download a video one time.

The downloads generally start off okay, and the dialogue box at the bottom of Chrome shows some progress, before stopping, and sometimes resuming. It eventually stops for several minutes before cancelling itself.

I have tried:

1. Firefox and Internet Explorer, to check if it is Chrome, but they also fail in the same manner.

2. Checking the downloads setting in Chrome, but all I can do is check/uncheck to ask before downloading multiple files or not ask - neither option will be relevant in my case.

3. Restarting PC. Didn't help.

4. Checking my internet speed. I am on a wired connection and typically get 380mbps download speed, but I am lagging a bit behind that currently at 90mbps. Still, that shouldn't explain the totally failed downloads.

5. Downloading other items. I downloaded a 1GB YouTube video in a matter of minutes and the download didn't freeze at any point. This makes me think Samsung servers are at fault? 

6. Double-checking my phone sync settings are enabled. Even though this is a Cloud > PC move.

I am at a loss to solve this issue. If there are any workarounds or anyone with a similar experience, I'd appreciate that being shared, because I'm going a bit crazy trying to figure this out after trying for 4 hours.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Thanks so much for updating your post, @Lewis_Tiburon! Great to hear it's now sorted.

0 Likes
edavide
First Poster
Options

Same problem here.... nearly a month later.... still a problem with Samsung Cloud servers????

No point in backing up if not possible to retrieve....

Anybody any helpful advice please?

0 Likes
HelenaKB
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Albrosmom
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem.

0 Likes
Suzor
First Poster
Options

Same problem!! I have about 2000 photos. I'm stuck doing groups of 18 or so (About 100 seperate download). This is taking too much time.

0 Likes
nophotocloudmad
First Poster
Options

Hey everyone. Same issue here, except I can't download even individual pictures. Is a bummer because all of the photos from the first year of my daughter's life are saved in this cloud and at the moment it looks like I won't ever be able to access them.

0 Likes
Naxos84
First Poster
Options

This seems to be an issue still. This is not solved at all.

PitRejection235
Apprentice
Options

still an issue - Samsung can you help?

AM29
First Poster
Options
samsung gallery from microsoft store
0 Likes