Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Clear View Case no longer works after latest update - Note 10 Plus

(Topic created on: 05-10-2020 11:19 AM)
Selvan08
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Installed the lasted update on my Note 10 plus last Friday, 2nd Oct 2020 and my Samsung clear view cover does not work anymore

My mobile is Samsung Note 10 plus. it was working fine before the update. 

Anyone experience the same issue? any resolution?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
jacsw
Apprentice
Options
same thing happened to me on my S9
Selvan08
First Poster
Options

Hi Jacsw, thanks for sharing. Can i know it was resolved, if yes, can share how it was resolved, thanks

I have contacted Samsung support and troubleshoot but still not resolved. they have requested me to bring my mobile down to service center. 

What we have done so far

1) Soft Reset

2) Reset

as the above 2 didn't resolve the issue. i decided to do the factory reset and have done it but still not working.

0 Likes
jacsw
Apprentice
Options
Hi Selvsn08, sorry it was not resolved for me either. Samsung support gave me the same advice and mine still does not work.
0 Likes
jacsw
Apprentice
Options
Hi Selvan08 I received a replacement case today and the new one works 😊
0 Likes
Selvan08
First Poster
Options

Hi Jacsw, very happy to hear, with replacement it works. Was it a replacement by Samsung, u bought a new one

0 Likes
jacsw
Apprentice
Options
hi selvan08 I had recently purchased a new one from Amazon as my original was looking tired. It was the new one that stopped working and Amazon replaced it
0 Likes
Missy3XL
First Poster
Options

My A71 wss updated last night 29/10/20 and the S View case is not working BUT at the same time the case is now keeping the screen on and opening all sorts of apps with it's contact

I HIGHLY suspect this is due to numerous reports of the screen time and date causing screen burn on certain models of phones. However I'm quite annoyed as this A71 wallet case was not cheap. I've now got to either source a new phone as I do have an S9 plus or get a new wallet case.

1. I'm a Samsung fan through and throw but I'm really really not impressed and I think that users should be given the option with warning if necessary about screen burn
0 Likes
Selvan08
First Poster
Options

Yeah Missy3XL, me too has been using Samsung Note for a long time with the clear view cover. Seriously very very disappointed the way this is handled. what i can't accept is that When i call Samsung support  and also when visited the service center, when i ask the question, has users complaining about this issue, the answer is no......this not acceptable at all, moving forward, i am not going invest anymore on Samsung clear cover at all. i have also shared with many of friends, family and all about this. very disappointed with Samsung 

0 Likes