Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Chat Settings

(Topic created on: 16-11-2021 01:13 PM)
Members_7Tb8uGn
Apprentice
Options

I am having issues with other people not able to send messages to me. Most are arriving and some are not.

From what I can gather it seems to stem to Samsung Chat Settings as they have Samsung phones also.

As you can see below there is a "N" showing in chat settings and when I press it it keeps saying cant connect please try again later.

Could someone please advise how to get around this as I have been on to tech support and they dont know the answer.

Could this be the reason why I am not getting some messages?

Screenshot_20211116-122332_Messages.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi

Go Settings
Apps
Messages Storage
Clear Cache.
After clearing the cache,
head back to the setting menu and select Clear Data and restart phone
And see if fixes the issue

Also Check Settings
Blocked numbers and spam
0 Likes
Members_7Tb8uGn
Apprentice
Options

I am afraid it hasn't resolved anything. It has exactly the same problem.

With this "N" symbol appearing which I assume means "NEW" and when you come to this screen when you press chat settings states "cant connect please try again later."

So why is it stating this? Also how do I get into chat settings beyond this screen?

Screenshot_20211116-122332_Messages.jpg

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Click on Messages app
Then click on
The 3 horizontal dots
Top right
Settings
Chat Settings
0 Likes
Members_7Tb8uGn
Apprentice
Options

As I mentioned I cant get beyond the chat settings screen and its stating "cant connect please try again later."

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Don't attempt to enable chat settings for 8 days. You have to wait this time for your number to deregister from the chat server. If you try too soon, the wait time goes back to 8 days.
leahmullin
Explorer
Options

I'm getting the same message when I try to set mine up. I had it working fine u till other day, I had to ring my provider. And they said it was  my sim that was the problem. And I try and set up chat again on my S20+ it just keep saying registration  failed.  Not sure what to do know 

0 Likes
leahmullin
Explorer
Options
This is all I get when I try and register. Then saying unable to register after I've put my number into it Screenshot_20211119-140730_Messages.jpg
0 Likes
leahmullin
Explorer
Options
I've been trying to register since last July
0 Likes