Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Care + terrible service

(Topic created on: 21-08-2020 09:32 AM)
stokka51
Student
Options

Has anyone else had a bad experience with these guys? I can't believe the level of incompetence I'm experiencing is just me being unlucky each time

July 16th I dropped my S20 and despite having the Spigen tough armour case on it, the screen was destroyed.

I was so grateful I had taken out Care+ insurance and was confident it would be repaired / replaced in a few days...

5 Weeks later, i phone up or go on live chat every few days and it always comes to the same result, I've got wait for the alternative resolutions team to contact me.

3 times I had to call and register the claim before they actually sent DPD to pick the phone up. The only time I've received any contact from Samsung was them telling me they couldn't repair my device as it wasn't warranty issue! They had booked it in as a warranty issue not an insurance claim.

The guys on the phone are mostly polite and courteous, but they never have any answers nor the ability to connect you through to someone who does.

This is by far the worst customer experience I've had from any company ever.

4 REPLIES 4
Tracy3103
Explorer
Options
agree
0 Likes
Daiana07
First Poster
Options
Same experience, worse customer service ever.
0 Likes
Jon7703
Pioneer
Options
Tbh first line support is normally extremely good however, after that forget it. it is clear Samsung really doesn't care about customers (existing long-term loyal customers or not). I Sent a Note for Warranty repair once, and it was lost for 3 months. I had to purchase a PAYG to cover me. in the end Samsung were forced to replace the phone. I fully agree their Customer Support is easily the worst I've encountered (again not 1st line - they are the poor guys and girls that have to deal with customers after Samsung's usual incompetence). About time they invested in training for their customer Support Team.
0 Likes
stokka51
Student
Options

Another hour of my life wasted dealing with the 'support centre' on Monday just to be told they don't know where my phone is, or if its been fixed

Told me I have to wait a further 14 days for them to contact myself with a resolution. After refusing to accept that they escalated it to a 'manager' who promised to sort it out and call me back within 24 hours. 2 days later and guess what... nothing

I paid just shy of £1200 for this phone with insurance direct from Samsung because i thought it would be best solution in case anything went wrong. 

If anyone is thinking of buying one of Samsung's new flagship models I highly recommend walking on by and going with another manufacturer, if its goes wrong you are out of pocket and on your own

0 Likes