Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung capture update

(Topic created on: 22-06-2020 06:53 PM)
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Hi! 

I don't understand the new update to the screen recorder. Could someone please explain these 3?

Screenshot_20200619-163423_Galaxy Store.jpg

1. Add Play, Stop and Pointer buttons to the screen recording toolbar.

What is the meaning of the Pointer button, what is it?

2. Add the name of the longest recorded application to the

recorded file name.

I don't understand this at all.

3. Adjust the size of the screenshot for Screen write

How does this work?

Also what does this hashtag (#) mean? I don't have it in mine. 20200622_195119.jpg

Thanks! 

Thanks on the help! S24 Ultra owner.
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AntS
Options

Hi @Adi0 ,

Figured I'd answer this one here rather than in PM. :winking-face:

1. Pointer button

It's the 'pencil' icon in the Screen record toolbar, and allows you to write/point out things on a screen recording/screen shot:

Screenshot_20200622-121052_One UI Home.jpg

2. "Add the name of the longest recorded application to the recorded file name."

For example: if you open the Home Screen, stay on it for 10 seconds, go to Gallery, and record something in the Gallery for 30 seconds, then the file name will be something that has "Gallery" in the name - since this app was recorded for the longest time.

3. "Adjust the size of the screenshot for Screen write"

If you take a screenshot, you can both adjust the size of the window (by touching the corners and dragging the corners) and write (using the 'pencil' icon - which you can deselect by clicking on the 'eraser' icon to the directly to the right of it, apparently).

Screenshot_20200623-110559_Samsung capture.jpg

4. I don't have the hashtag icon either - so it may be the result of a regional variant or another app/apk. For instance, I found this whilst having a look around for that feature: https://webcazine.com/23632/qa-how-to-get-the-samsungs-screen-recording-function-without-good-lock-o... .Maybe someone out there who has it can let us know more about what it does!

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
AntS
Options

Hi @Adi0 ,

Figured I'd answer this one here rather than in PM. :winking-face:

1. Pointer button

It's the 'pencil' icon in the Screen record toolbar, and allows you to write/point out things on a screen recording/screen shot:

Screenshot_20200622-121052_One UI Home.jpg

2. "Add the name of the longest recorded application to the recorded file name."

For example: if you open the Home Screen, stay on it for 10 seconds, go to Gallery, and record something in the Gallery for 30 seconds, then the file name will be something that has "Gallery" in the name - since this app was recorded for the longest time.

3. "Adjust the size of the screenshot for Screen write"

If you take a screenshot, you can both adjust the size of the window (by touching the corners and dragging the corners) and write (using the 'pencil' icon - which you can deselect by clicking on the 'eraser' icon to the directly to the right of it, apparently).

Screenshot_20200623-110559_Samsung capture.jpg

4. I don't have the hashtag icon either - so it may be the result of a regional variant or another app/apk. For instance, I found this whilst having a look around for that feature: https://webcazine.com/23632/qa-how-to-get-the-samsungs-screen-recording-function-without-good-lock-o... .Maybe someone out there who has it can let us know more about what it does!

Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Thank you so much!

You're amazing! 

These 2 already existed, so hey should of put the previously not available Pause button. lol

1. Pointer button

3."Adjust the size of the screenshot for Screen write"

0 Likes
NiKe70
First Poster
Options
I cannot get a screenshot for the life of me on my A12 using the side keys...is there an easier way ??
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Can you please go to Settings-advanced Features-Motions and Gestures-Palm swipe to capture.

I think you should have that option. But it should be rather easy by pressing wolume down and power button with your thumb if it's on the same side. 

0 Likes
Hwalker1
Pathfinder
Options
Impossible to take any screenshots on this s20fe mobile.i installed a screenshot app but that dies not work either. Using the volume down and power button together dies nothing other than lowering the volume and turning off the phone. While I have been to advanced settings and followed the instructions above, no screenshots appear. Its just a stupid way to take a screenshot. Unless you have double jointed hip bones. Like many things on this high priced and almost featureless phone.
0 Likes