Did you mean: 

Original topic:

samsung account login issue

(Topic created on: 01-06-2021 01:38 PM)
pasqual87
Student
Options
Mobile Apps & Services
Can anyone shed any light on this......Im setting up my partners phone, and i have transferred everything from her samsung s10 to s21 plus, but when i try to login to her samsung account on her new phone or old phone, it asks for a code to be sent to a random phone number neither of us has ever had and i cant seem to login to her account to remove and update the recovery phone number.
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
SamWilliams
Pioneer
Options
Mobile Apps & Services
Is she still logged in on the s10? If she is, can she update her verification phone number or add a back up email address to it so you can receive the code that way?
0 Likes
SamWilliams
Pioneer
Options
Mobile Apps & Services
Sorry just re read and see that you can't
SamWilliams
Pioneer
Options
Mobile Apps & Services
Is her Gmail still logged in on s10? If so you could try changing password that way
0 Likes
pasqual87
Student
Options
Mobile Apps & Services
no not logged in anymore so can change the number
0 Likes
pasqual87
Student
Options
Mobile Apps & Services
have changed the password but still asking for the code sent to the random number regardless. its so infuriating
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Mobile Apps & Services

@pasqual87: Can you try following the link below, select Set Up 2-Step Verification > On Your Computer and follow the on screen instructions to see if this helps? 

https://account.samsung.com/membership/guide/setup-2step-verification

If you're still having issues assigning a phone number to the process then please reach out to our Accounts Team on 0800 995 1079 where an advisor will be able to look into this for you. 

0 Likes
pasqual87
Student
Options
Mobile Apps & Services
thanks
0 Likes